• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

Can someone please confirm which Nauticam hand strap works with the EM5II housing? I see two listed and am not sure if both will work and one is just longer? Also, does the EM5II housing already have everything needed to attach the strap or do you need to purchase any other parts?

NA-36323 Long Hand Strap FOR MIL & COMPACT CAMERA HOUSING

NA-36316 Standard Hand Strap FOR MIL & COMPACT CAMERA HOUSING

Thanks!!

Amy

#2 hd_9

hd_9

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

I have one on a Nauticam EM5 Mk1 housing and your housing looks the same for strap attachment. You use the smallest 1.5mm allen key to move the metal bar at the bottom of the housing to attach the strap. There's a small hole towards the front of the housing, where the allen key fits into the metal bar to unscrew it. It's tiny, not so easy to notice and is not detailed in the housing instruction manual. The allen keys were included with the housing. 

Definitely get the longer strap as I found the standard too tight.

The strap is attached to the housing at the top with two included screw-in bolts that use a larger included allen key.  I found the metals can fuse together with the salt water. To avoid this, I'd work the bolts occasionally and lubricate them. Oring grease should help here but there's probably some other lubricant available for marine applications. A Nauticam retailer could probably suggest a lubricant.

#3 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

Thank you! 

I have one on a Nauticam EM5 Mk1 housing and your housing looks the same for strap attachment. You use the smallest 1.5mm allen key to move the metal bar at the bottom of the housing to attach the strap. There's a small hole towards the front of the housing, where the allen key fits into the metal bar to unscrew it. It's tiny, not so easy to notice and is not detailed in the housing instruction manual. The allen keys were included with the housing. 

Definitely get the longer strap as I found the standard too tight.

The strap is attached to the housing at the top with two included screw-in bolts that use a larger included allen key.  I found the metals can fuse together with the salt water. To avoid this, I'd work the bolts occasionally and lubricate them. Oring grease should help here but there's probably some other lubricant available for marine applications. A Nauticam retailer could probably suggest a lubricant.