• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gearbow_36218

gearbow_36218

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

Hey guys.  I would like to make my own filter for these lights.  Where would i source the glass?    I figure i can use some sort of PVC solution and cut the glass to match. 

https://hida.tech/pr...tography-light/

#2 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

I lead to believe the filters used by Gates GT14 users (who have the flip adaptor) are the Tiffen 80a - you could buy these and cut to size? Or buy them the correct size (they seem cheap enough) and then attach them some how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rigs: Nauticam BMPCC4K, Nauticam Lumix GH5V, 14-42mm II, Nauticam WWL-1, Atomos Inferno and DivePro G18 Plus Lighting. Underwater Insta360 One X.

www.richardwait.com / Custom 3D Designed UW Parts

#3 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2392 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:23 AM

I have used Keldan filters and I make my own filters for pictures. You need to be aware that the filters take out light you are looking at -1.7 Ev for a filter that can work below 8 meters. This means the power of your lights becomes 10000 lumens in the example you have which is not little but just so that you know

Besides you need different filters for different depth ranges to have good results so this is something to be understood and considered carefully depending on what type of diving you do.

In terms of material to be used once you work out what colour you need you can order perpsex sheets from Rosco in the US and if you have a lathe cut them to match. You still need to 3D print a holder to fit your lights.

The Divepro G18 Plus do not have an oring around the lens like the Keldan do so you need to design something with a retainer if you want to go for a proper solution

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog