Nikon D200 imminent

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 anthp

anthp

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts
  • Interests:Photography in Le Grand Bleu.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

Thanks Boi - that is interesting. Any more comments regarding Alex's idea?
Anthony Plummer
anthonyplummer.com
"It's much better down there... It's a better place..." Enzo, Le Grand Bleu.

#162 Chris Bangs

Chris Bangs

Sting Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:24 PM

one point that has not been adressed is what RAW format does it use. hopefully one that will be usable with 3rd party software.
Nikon D70s,Fuji S2, And Misc Nikon/Nikonos film gear collecting dust.
Ikelite and Aquatica Housings
Nikon 12-24 mm, 10.5 mm, 16 mm, 60 mm, 105 mm, 200 mm micro. Sigma 14 mm. + stacks of diopters and teleconverters
Many outdated flashy thingys with aluminum tinker toys to connect them to the cameras.

#163 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Boi - that is interesting. Any more comments regarding Alex's idea?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's possible. I did not think of it and did not try to look at the VF from a few inches away. Not sure when I will go back to Niks again as there is a 70-200VR there that kept calling my name every time I walk in and my credit card is in a very sad state at the moment :lol:
However, I still think that in comparison to D70s, it should still be quite a big improvement but behind a housing, may be the view won't be quite as close to D2X as it is on land.
I suppose Subal/Seacam/Sealux viewfinder would still be a nice accessory for it.

#164 ssra30

ssra30

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:36 PM

one point that has not been adressed is what RAW format does it use. hopefully one that will be usable with 3rd party software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought Adoebe and Nikon decided to play nice after all and the encrypted NEF file issue is pretty much resolved so hopefully 3rd party software should not be a problem.