#181 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:UNDERWATER PHOTO

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:21 AM

..... does the new strobes will support the latest Nauticam TTL converter ?

I can help answer this question, if Oskar permits me.

Nauticam #26308 TTL-Converter will support Retra strobe TTL, when this strobe appears on the market. Retra strobe TTL-profile is planned to be in Converter firmware, set to position "9" onboard rotary switch.

c8459e4a8791.jpg

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 27 November 2018 - 05:12 AM.

#182 Azurreal

Azurreal

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:03 AM

I can help answer this question, if Oskar permits me.

Nauticam #26308 TTL-Converter will support Retra strobe TTL, when this strobe appears on the market. Retra strobe TTL-profile is planned to be in Converter firmware, set to position "9" onboard rotary switch.

Hi Pavel !
Thank you for your input :)
My TTL converter is the SKU#26308 and only has two switches on the board (no rotary switch).

26307_1024x1024.jpg?v=1507150129
I bought it this year with my NAD850 and Nauticam website does not list the Retra strobe as compatible :

Compatible Strobes:
Ikelite DS-160, DS-161
Inon Z-240, Z-330
Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-D2J

If Oskar has had a chance to test the new strobes with it, I'll have my answer :)

If not, I'll ask Nauticam about how the switches should be positionned if compatible.

Cheers

#183 Oskar@RetraUWT

Oskar@RetraUWT

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:33 AM

The TTL output with existing profiles (Inon, Sea&Sea, etc.) will be much more consistent with the new firmware on the original and new Retra Flash. Of course a profile made for a specific strobe is the best solution but our new firmware for TTL (or more precisely slave TTL) will be generally more consistent in every situation.

Thank you Pavel!

www.retra-uwt.com

#184 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:UNDERWATER PHOTO

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:47 AM

Hi Pavel !

Thank you for your input :)
My TTL converter is the SKU#26308 and only has two switches on the board (no rotary switch).

No problem, this is just another version of that board, it has another switch type. This board is also fresh version, firmware can be updated.

Currently it supports the following strobes: Z-330, Z-240, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250, DS-161, DS-160.   

Retra Pro strobe ttl-profile will be available and will be added to firmware of all TTL-Converters, when this strobe is available. We will ask Oskar to lend a pair of samples, for ttl-profile tests.

If you want to update your board firmware by any new profiles (i mean future strobes on the market, like Retra Pro), you can contact Nauticam, send the board to manufacturer for update, for some fee. 

The same way is available for UWTechnics TTL boards update. It is available for some fee. Contact manufacturer.

If there will be any questions, contact me, i can help too.

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 28 November 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#185 unregistered

unregistered

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Once the firmware update for the current Retra Flash is available (expected at the end of the year) TTL converters will likely work with existing settings for currently supported strobes.

Until then we do not recommend making any changes.

Hello Oskar,

Any updates on the firmware update?

Thanks!

#186 Oskar@RetraUWT

Oskar@RetraUWT

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:14 AM

As soon as the update will be ready we will publish details in the news section on our website: https://www.retra-uwt.com/

www.retra-uwt.com