• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

Ok computer gurus, I'm trying to move a copy of PS Elements from one computer to another. I've copied the folder to a CD-ROM but can't find the install or setup file. Any help would be appreciated.
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms
Sony HC9 in L&M Bluefin housing with 1000 LED lights.

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

Nice try there but even though you can do it with some programs that have been installed by just copying the folder that gets created in the my programs folder, you will find that you need he original setup program that installed it because there are other folders and files that the program would of created when you installed it.

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au

#3 ReefRoamer

ReefRoamer

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:04 AM

Typically, you'll need the program CD to re-install. Also, Adobe limits you to two installs. They keep track of this online when you register the program. After two installs, you'll need to call and explain ... like a hard drive failure, or that you've removed it from one computer and reinstalled it on another. Just moving the program folder will almost never work for any program, since there are registry entries and other stuff that occurs during installation from the program CD. Good luck.
Canon 20D, Subal C20 housing, Canon EF 100mm USM macro, EF-S 10-22mm, Inon Z220s.

#4 JackConnick

JackConnick

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, diving, women, cats

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure if elements requires "authentication", but if so, you should de-authorize the old computer, then reinstall and authorize the next.

Jack

Jack Connick
Optical Ocean Sales.com

Nauticam, Subal, Sea & Sea, Olympus, Seacam, Gates, Ikelite, Zen, Fix, 10Bar, Kraken, Light & Motion, iTorch/I-DAS & Fantasea Line
Cameras, Housings, Strobes, Arms, Trays & Accessories. System Packages. Photo Expeditions.

Blog & Gallery: Optical Ocean Sales Blog - Flickr Galleries: Optical Ocean on Flickr

#5 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:32 AM

I'm not sure if elements requires "authentication", but if so, you should de-authorize the old computer, then reinstall and authorize the next.

Jack

Thanks, Guys. I just ended up buying a newer version and installing it on both systems.

Chris
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms
Sony HC9 in L&M Bluefin housing with 1000 LED lights.