Photo

Industry members, introduce yourselves...

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#141 sunnyboy010101

sunnyboy010101

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

Started reading this thread, and from the first post I qualify as a dive pro.

My name is Richard Huntrods, but have been using 'sunnyboy' on numerous dive forums for many years. Originally from Calgary, now living on Vancouver Island near Nanaimo.

I've been a SCUBA instructor since 2010, first with SDI and now with PADI. Our dive shop scheduled the Digital Underwater Photographer course a couple of times, but have not run it yet.

I've been taking photos since I was a kid (Kodak box camera, then Roliflex twin lens), but moved to SLR in 1974 when I bought a Voitlander. Since then many varieties of Canon SLR, plus several odd and unique film cameras. Started with digital in 2000 with a Kodak model (one of the first), then a Nikon and finally a Canon DLSR.

I started taking underwater photos in fall 2003 with a Sealife unit, then bought an Ikelite housing for a Canon A570IS, which I used until a few years ago when I upgraded to a G16 system. Lately I've become a total newbie again when I bought a Canon 7D and Nauticam housing. Diving with a DLSR is more like "a camera diving with a diver attached" than my previous rigs, which were definitely "Diver carrying a camera".

I tend to take a camera on 99% of my dives, because whenever I don't take the camera I regret it. :-)

I also take some go-pro (clone) video when scootering, but our visibility has been so bad lately that it's all pretty much just ... green.

#142 angelphlow

angelphlow

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:58 PM

Hello WETPIXEL members, how are you? Angel here from phlow, photosharing platform. I live in Indonesia, and when possible, I enjoy traveling around to take some captures of the amazing nature here. My new interests in underater photography and this is why I'm here. Happy to join WETPIXEL.

#143 Js06

Js06

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:art
    sport
    dc comics

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

My name is Josie) Nice to to meet you.

I joined this forum to find tips and knowledge in the area of photography.

My story started with one wedding retouching company where a friend of mine is working now. I had some practise there. Soon I became a retoucher. But I was so inspired with one order so I could`t stand any more. Since then I decided to become photographer. I whant to develop my skills. And this is the reason why I am here. I joined to connect with other photographers and get honest feedback on photographs.

Thanks for reading. See you)

#144 Mia Addington

Mia Addington

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

Hello guys, I'm new to this group. Nice to to meet you all)

I have been into photography since I was 5 years old, I first started out taking Pictures, Which I still do to this day.

I started taking underwater photos in fall 2010.
Excited to see what I can learn here! 
Regards,Mia.

:)

#145 HeLiX

HeLiX

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hi All,

My name is Tom and I'm currently in Melbourne, Australia. I'm a SSI Dive Pro and usually dive with a GoPro, but have recently started taking stills and have been reading through all the tips and tricks in this forum.

Safe Diving!

#146 PatLussier

PatLussier

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

My name is Patrick and Im new in underwater photography so still absorbing info

#147 Eavie

Eavie

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hello All, have always browsed this forum for tips and tricks. 

#148 JaviParrilla

JaviParrilla

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Hello, my name is Javier and I've been diving for 12 years, now with canon 5d III and seacam, but now I'm switching to Olympus because of its low weight and size,

Regards and good dive

#149 kochuanyang

kochuanyang

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hey pals,

Yang here from Singapore/UK, I'm a dive pro usually working out of Komodo National Park. I've done a fair bit of land based photography, sometimes professionally (mostly fashion/events as actual paid work), and other times for fun (mostly nature or landscape). I've just acquired an underwater set-up for my Sony A7Rii so looking forward to combining the two in the near future. When I'm not diving or taking photos I'm a professional yacht racer around Europe and Asia. 

Best 

Yang

#150 longbord1

longbord1

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

Have been photographing for a number of years. Just trying to break into underwater photography. Seems very challenging. I also do not scuba dive. Only snorkeling.

Portfolio Flickr.com/fifinator

Edited by longbord1, 02 December 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#151 Kcalder223

Kcalder223

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Scuba, Travel, and Scuba

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hi there. Im Kim, Ive been diving for twelve years, certified for 9 and been shooting UW for about 8. Im no professional, but Ive taken a few good shots over the years. I live in Southern California, and spend most of my time cold water diving in the Kelp Forests. Well, when the Kelp is around. Ive been following the photos on the Wetpixel Facebook page for a while now and joined this forum to post my camera setup for sale.

Thanks for reading.

Kim

#152 manuwphoto

manuwphoto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

Hi everyone ! I'm a PADI OWSI, I currently live Okinawa, Japan.
I'm passionate by UW photography !

#153 woddandy

woddandy

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

I am Ryan with World of Diving.  I sell dive trips and enjoy taking photos on my travels.  I've joined to expand my knowledge on the ever changing underwater photography world.

#154 Deep adventure

Deep adventure

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

Hi, I'm Johan Ohlsson, a has been instructor who are now fortunate to dive only at my own terms, like to share my experiences and meet new people

#155 RJ Kessler

RJ Kessler

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Aloha All!

I'm RJ Kessler, a non-soliciting professional photographer/videographer. After many years of not shooting underwater I have reentered the deep blue.

I'm looking forward to admiring your publications, collaborating, discussing equipment and networking.

Have a great New Year and keep the shutter clicking!

RJ

#156 bubbletrouble

bubbletrouble

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Hi there, I'm a dive instructor interested in buying a new camera set up

#157 muuse

muuse

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Just a recreational diver getting into underwater photography.  Interested in classifieds and reading about trip locations.

#158 ShishaLicious

ShishaLicious

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Hi. based in Dubai and a recreational diver. interested in buy Photography equipments.

#159 Vladimir222

Vladimir222

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Hello friends!

My name is Vladimir, I'm from Russia and I'm here to sell new Seacam equipment (housing for Canon EOS 1D mark II (N) and flashes 250 Digital). in my country it is very difficult!

#160 Pilkvist

Pilkvist

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

Hi there,

Work as a dive resort manager and love underwater photography. Currently looking for a new housing for my camera :)