• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AYahoo

AYahoo

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

Hi Guys, I'm looking to find the Olympus PEN \ OMD accessory port pinout.

My goal is to take the Olympus Macro Arm Light (MAL-1) 

olympus-olympus-mal-1-macro-arm-light-fo

And connect it to the trigger of the camera, so it will act like a flash trigger.

I was thinking about connecting led to the FL-LM2, but I think this solution will be more robust and elegant.

So I started to pinout the Flash connector and the FL-LM1 Has 33 pins, Most of them are not connected, I'm attaching what I got so far.

The large octagon is GND and the square is VCC,  so I have 4 more pins that one of them is probably the trigger, and another one should be the ready state (once the flash is ready for firing).

The pitch of the connector is very small and makes it hard to pinout, so I'm trying to trace the IGBT pin4 to the connector, but this is 4 layers PCB which is not that easy.

so, I'm still trying but is someone knows the pinout, it would be great!

Thanks.

Attached Images

• Pinout.PNG

#2 AYahoo

AYahoo

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

So, It seems like I chose the wrong approach, The mod looks very clean and nice, and the MAL-1 fits

OlympusMod01.png

great.BUT, it is too small, the big distance from the fibers mad it too weak (I think, still have to investigate) but the flash won't fire...

OlympusMod02.png

I have a different approach now, I will take a LED FLASH (like the one from the mobile) and try to make it work from the camera.

Uploading the mod MAL-1 pictures.

#3 hellhole

hellhole

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

So, It seems like I chose the wrong approach, The mod looks very clean and nice, and the MAL-1 fits
attachicon.gifOlympusMod02.png

great.BUT, it is too small, the big distance from the fibers mad it too weak (I think, still have to investigate) but the flash won't fire...
attachicon.gifOlympusMod01.png

I have a different approach now, I will take a LED FLASH (like the one from the mobile) and try to make it work from the camera.

Uploading the mod MAL-1 pictures.

There is something like this already... But its a constant led version.
http://www.fun-in.co...product_id=2340

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Olympus, Flash, Led trigger