24 replies to this topic

#21 jeffyo1

jeffyo1

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Jeff and Divecouple
thanks for signing up just to tell us of your positive trip. It's always good to hear positive experiences. Jeff perhaps this report benefitted your trip since it was made before your trip and possibly served as a wakeup call.

Drew,

You're welcome, and good point.

Jeff

#22 ronscuba

ronscuba

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

I just got back from a great trip aboard the Cheng Ho. We did the Ambon to Sorong itinerary. You can add me to the list of happy customers.

The diving was awesome as was the service by the very attentive crew.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

#23 joycecychan

joycecychan

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

My husband, Michael, was the diver that Eric and Cor mentioned that was left behind on their joint Kararu experience. Surprisingly, he still wants to go with the Kararu again. And he's trying to convince me to go too. I've only done one liveaboard in Thailand. Anyone with recent experiences with the Cheng Ho? Much thanks, Joyce

#24 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

For those who have been on these boats, you may not be aware that Sascha was sadly killed in a motorcycle accident last winter. I met up with him again at the past DEMA show and he was his likeable and friendly self, a real people person. He had been unhappy about some of the negative reports that were made, including my own criticisms but took it as simply a new focus for improvement. He was one fine person and I am sure that Kararu Dive operations miss him tremendously.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#25 SphyrnaLewini

SphyrnaLewini

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

Hi all !!

I'm planning on diving with Kararu onboard the Cheng Ho in September this year and I'm wondering if anyone went with them recently ?
I would be more than happy to hear your feedback as I'm wondering if it wouldn't be "safer" to go on the Komodo Dancer or Paradise dancer....

Thanks guys !