• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Herb Segars

Herb Segars

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

I have been looking at flip macro holders for my Nauticam port 65 for my NA-EM1. The two most popular seem to be the Nauticam and the Saga. I would like to hear pros and cons for each.

Herb Segars
Herb Segars Photography
Olympus OMD-EM1 MKII, Nauticam housing, (2) Inon Z-240, Panasonic 8mm, Olympus 9-18, Olympus 60mm, Olympus 12-50, Sola 800

#2 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

Haven't heard of nor used the Saga. But I'm very pleased with the Nauticam one on my 65 port. Pros for it are the locking pins which integrate with the front of the port, the excellent clasp for locking it and the way it locks in position once open. Overall can't fault it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com

#3 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

I have used both and the issue of which closeup lens you will be using has now become relevant. The new Nauticam CMC-1 C/U lens will not fit the SAGA flip adapter so you need the Nauticam version. If you intend to purchase that C/U lens going forward the Nauticam is the better choice.

#4 ChrisBergermann

ChrisBergermann

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Anyone has experience with 3D printed flipadapter like from this Austrian Shop?!

https://www.unterwas...-67mm-Port.html

Will it fit with nauticam Makro port 65 and subsee +10?!

Cheers

#5 droplet

droplet

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yes, if fits and works, however I have subsee +5

nauti-01.jpg

#6 ChrisBergermann

ChrisBergermann

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

great. is it exactly the one i've posted? because there are 2 for nauticam 72mm flat port and m77 flat ports And there is a cheaper one for m67 ports, not especially for nauticam.

sorry, but i live on maledives and then its hard to change gear, if its not fitting :D

think u have this one? ->  https://www.unterwas...6o73d0ru6gkl5v2

#7 droplet

droplet

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:53 AM

great. is it exactly the one i've posted? because there are 2 for nauticam 72mm flat port and m77 flat ports And there is a cheaper one for m67 ports, not especially for nauticam.

sorry, but i live on maledives and then its hard to change gear, if its not fitting :D

think u have this one? ->  https://www.unterwas...6o73d0ru6gkl5v2

Not really, my had art nr D&DNA-36163  - D&D NAUTICAM M67 Flip Diopter Holder for Macro Port 65 , I do not see this any more.

It is similar to link , I guest that port number does not matter as long as it has the same thread M67.

I have removed one piece, originally it is designed for two lenses. I used with port 65 and thread M67.

#8 billdomb

billdomb

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:22 PM

Got the Saga supposedly configured for new purchased Gates dome port for their AX700 housing.

TERRIBLE DESIGN.  Never got it to slide onto the port.

Supposedly, you take the port off the housing and slide the Saga on from the back.

NO GO.  Even with plenty of silicone lube.

Really crummy design.  Would be much better to have a split ring with a wingnut to tighten instead of their goofy o-ring slip system.

And Optical Ocean Sales charged me a restock fee to send the turkey back.  PHOOEY.

#9 bubffm

bubffm

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

Is your bold-letters-key broken??...

I have used that Saga flip adapter on that very same Gates domeport for years. Works perfectly.  Who told you to put this on from the back with the domeport off?? That's total nonsense and will never work that way!  Just put your dome on the housing, put some silicon grease on the inside of the adapter ring (where the rubber-inlay sits) and just slip it over the dome's plastic hood. Dont move it back all the way, with the swivel in place, it should not touch the glas.