• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 cuimc

cuimc

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

Anyone tried sea&sea 5d3 upgrade to 5d4? Someone tell me 5d3 housing can fit 5d4 body!

#22 Gonzalo P.M.

Gonzalo P.M.

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

I just had the Nauticam version installed by Reef Photo.  Cost $600.  Looks like the same types of replacement pieces.  Works like a charm.  Also - with use of the original base plate, my 5D Mark III still works in the housing.  YMMV on this, as I have been told some of the Mark III controls may not work after the adjustments.  

Hi Megtooth,

I'm thinking of buying the kit for my Na5dIII nauticam. I have a couple of doubts. Does a 5dIV work with nauticam housing na5DIII without the Kit? What controls do not work? Is it difficult to install the Kit?

Thanks

#23 megtooth

megtooth

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:12 AM

Hi!  I have the Nauticam 5D Mark III SR housing (not the original 5D III housing with the small silver joybutton), just to be clear on the housing version.  I don't know if the kit works with the original version.  The 5D IV does not work at all in the SR housing without the kit. The alignment is off slightly for most of the buttons/levers. The major fix for this included in the kit is the new base plate for the Mark IV (the locking pin is in a different location).   There are also several wheels that are replaced and the entire thing is re-adjusted to the Mark IV body.  The tolerances are pretty exacting The cost includes installation of the new kit but does not include shipping and insurance (which was about $90 for me via UPS). I don't know if they (Reef photo) will/can sell you the kit by itself, though I guess you could ask.  Great customer service there.  Hope that helps!

#24 Gonzalo P.M.

Gonzalo P.M.

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

Hi!  I have the Nauticam 5D Mark III SR housing (not the original 5D III housing with the small silver joybutton), just to be clear on the housing version.  I don't know if the kit works with the original version.  The 5D IV does not work at all in the SR housing without the kit. The alignment is off slightly for most of the buttons/levers. The major fix for this included in the kit is the new base plate for the Mark IV (the locking pin is in a different location).   There are also several wheels that are replaced and the entire thing is re-adjusted to the Mark IV body.  The tolerances are pretty exacting The cost includes installation of the new kit but does not include shipping and insurance (which was about $90 for me via UPS). I don't know if they (Reef photo) will/can sell you the kit by itself, though I guess you could ask.  Great customer service there.  Hope that helps!

Thanks. My housing is of the 5DIII but it does not have the silver button, the button is black. I do not know if it's earlier or later but it does have a kit to update. 

#25 megtooth

megtooth

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

You will really enjoy the Mark IV.  The files have so much more dynamic range and require very little in lightroom, other than white balance. The focus system is spot on.  Video is a game changer too - pro quality and the tracking in outstanding.  All in all, a very worthy upgrade.  

#26 Gonzalo P.M.

Gonzalo P.M.

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:25 AM

You will really enjoy the Mark IV.  The files have so much more dynamic range and require very little in lightroom, other than white balance. The focus system is spot on.  Video is a game changer too - pro quality and the tracking in outstanding.  All in all, a very worthy upgrade.  

Thanks!!