Photo
- - - - -

A "universal" DSLR housing??? Heard of this company?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 lorysub

lorysub

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Hi Easydive sell only direct in all the World, and this the probem because many customer do not know well this brand.

we suggest to see this link and also the video!
All the customer talk direct with Easydive, for any question.

http://www.easydive....51-leo3-wi.html

For any question hi suggest to contact direct Easydive and ask to Fabio, the Owner.

Hi Easydive sell only direct in all the World, and this the probem because many customer do not know well this brand.

we suggest to see this link and also the video!
All the customer talk direct with Easydive, for any question.

http://www.easydive....51-leo3-wi.html

For any question hi suggest to contact direct Easydive and ask to Fabio, the Owner.

#22 tamas970

tamas970

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, users are extremely difficult to find... A google search on the uwphotographers.net website, where 100+ photographers are present, coughs up 7 hits.

Not bad, for a new brand with a new concept and here I see some nice results that work can be done with the LEO...

#23 Ruggero

Ruggero

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

I can understand that receiving comments or reviews from unknown and new users seems suspicious :-) but I suppose that the reason why  me and other

uw photographers from Italy are writing is that this kind of housing is not well known except Italy and  Europe

My intention was only to provide proper informations about this kind of housing , nobody is saying that is better than mechanical ones , simply it is different.

The producer is not a person building some stuff in the cellar after his regular job , but a company with 15 years of experience in underwater equipment .

I only write as a satisfied customer , not being commercially  involved with the producer . 

Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding , was not my intention to burst on here without proper explanations......

All the best !

#24 tamas970

tamas970

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

I can understand that receiving comments or reviews from unknown and new users seems suspicious :-) but I suppose that the reason why  me and other

uw photographers from Italy are writing is that this kind of housing is not well known except Italy and  Europe

My intention was only to provide proper informations about this kind of housing , nobody is saying that is better than mechanical ones , simply it is different.

The producer is not a person building some stuff in the cellar after his regular job , but a company with 15 years of experience in underwater equipment .

I only write as a satisfied customer , not being commercially  involved with the producer . 

Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding , was not my intention to burst on here without proper explanations......

All the best !

They operate (as of now) only from Italy, don't seem to have sales partners in other countries, that explains the slim market penetration. Actually I fully understand overseas buyers to hold back: to keep the warranty alive, one has to send in the housing each year for maintenance. Even within the EU this is a considerable cost and time, sitting in the old continent I don't want to know how much that cost from the US...

#25 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

My dive buddy and cameraman uses now for several years the EasyDive monitor.

Fabio the owner of EasyDive is a very competent and gentle person standing fully behind his products and will find any solution to adapt EasyDive gear to your rig.

EasyDive not only produces housings, they have also a broad choice of special tools and gears and all is reasonable and fair priced.

The LEO housings have a good success here in Italy and several professional photographers use them sucessfully!

The only backdraw is that if a buyer is not located in Europe, warranty and servicing can be a pain due to high shipping costs.

Chris

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#26 tamas970

tamas970

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

One point regarding the monitor: I don't know if they also do custom housings, I am looking for a cost efficient solution for the Atomos Shogun/ninja assassin. If they can make their monitor housing a bit bigger...

#27 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

I am looking for a cost efficient solution for the Atomos Shogun/ninja assassin. If they can make their monitor housing a bit bigger...

I am thinking of building a housing for one of those 300-400$ monitors on the market as this would be that what i need.

To keep it simple, just a watertight box with a fisher connector to attach the HDMI output of either my LX100 or my D800 to see the screen bigger.

I will loose focus peaking, zebrathingies, etc, but in this moment i don't really need that and i am not willing to pay approx 2500$+ for a housing with monitor.

It is my believe that i could have this build out of a block of Delrin and a thick "ikelite style" Plexiglass or acrylic cover would cost considerable less than a

monitor housing of a known manufacturer.

Unfortunately i live in 2 beautiful places where milling machines are rather difficult to find ...

Chris

P.S. a "obscene" idea would be to have the housing printed ny a 3D printer and just mill the plexiglass cover.

Edited by ChrigelKarrer, 28 October 2015 - 05:02 AM.

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website