Photo

Way to optical viewfinder on Ikelite housing without separate viewfinder?

viewfinder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amyghansen

amyghansen

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

I have an Ikelite housing for my sony a6300 and it does not have a separate viewfinder.  I was wondering if anyone ever tried to jerry-rig a separate viewfinder, like the Sea & Sea 0.8x Optical Viewfinder for a housing without a viewfinder.  I was wondering if I could 3d print something that might work to hold this viewfinder onto the housing.  I often take pictures in very lighted UW areas and I cannot use the screen to see what I'm shooting.  So, I use the eyepiece, but it is pretty small and can be hard to see the details I want.  Anyway - suggestions?  Thanks!

Edited by amyghansen, 17 November 2018 - 02:28 AM.

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1914 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Depends on how much you want to spend. You could get someone like Bill Libecap and see if he could machine a hole in the back of the housing and add a magnifying viewfinder that Ikelite sells. Alternatively, you could use an external monitor with a proper shade, but that too would be expensive. 

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viewfinder