- - - - -

Which Mirrorless Camera for 4k Video (Macro/Wide)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 EvilOtter

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

To the OP, why not look at dedicated video cameras.  They do autofocus far better than any u4/3 system and can easily do wide angle and macro on the same dive. Still $3K is pretty low budget but you might get it done. 

I had been considering this option myself. Over the past year, I have seen a few Gates / AX-100 combos with multiple ports on the resale market in the USD2,500 range. That said, I would still favour a used GH4 for the superior image quality, excellent MWB and ability to re-use lenses in a future upgrade. The GH4 is also a much more versatile rig for above the water.

Scuba Diving Adventures in Roatán, Honduras

Please visit my YouTube channel: Fish Nerd Films

#42 bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1863 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Yes indeed, if you take photos. But if you only do video, then I think a dedicated video camera is still superior, continuous auto focus for video is still not quite there yet.

Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.

#43 Peterpan

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:37 AM

I used a Sony A6300 with 10-18F4 and Sony 90F2.8 macro in a Nauticam housing for the last 2 trips. Honestly didn't filmed a lot but i think the camera handled the whitebalance quite nice. I always used auto white balance, no filter and filmed in Cine4 - check out the clip below, most parts ambient light

Edited by Peterpan, 18 March 2018 - 12:40 AM.