Looking at taking my 7D u/w on a trip to Galapagos following many years of playing with compacts.
Having looked around it seems that the hugyfot is a neat housing (access to all controls, light, and I like the hugycheck system) but the main question is lenses etc.
I have 15-85, 100 macro and 100-400L and believe I can use both the first two uw although I may need a +4 dioptre for the 15-85.
The Hugy will come with a dome and flat port with extensions to fit both lenses but the questions are still many :
- is the housing a good choice?
- do I really need the +4 and if so which of the many makes (Hoya, B&W, fox, kood, massa, zeikos, neewer etc)?
- will the 15-85 be a reasonable general purpose lens?
- I'm used to using a fuji f31fd with 0.5x but I assume that a 15mm w/a behind a dome will be similar field of view overall?
- should I get a 'real' w/a as well which could be used in the same dome (eg Tokina 10-17 or Canon 10-22)?
- what is the best way of controling TTL strobe (TTL converter to use with cable and YS60, optical with my inon D180s or epoque DS150a, or new Z240 etc) does anyone use optical ttl with the 7D ?
- do people have favourite settings for UW use using C1-3 or do you always run it mannually?