• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

Still under warranty, I am selling my 3GHz Dual-Core Mac Pro, 750 gig boot drive with 5.5 gigs of ram and Radeon X1900 card. The computer will come with over $10,000 worth of legal editing software including Final Cut Studio 2 which includes Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Live Type, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack, and Motion as well as the Adobe CS4 Master Collection which includes every app they produce other than Lightroom.
Additionally installed will be thousands of absolutely legal plug-ins for Motion, Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
I have never had this computer crash on me, not once and it comes in the original box, with all the necessary discs for the different applications.
Contact me at my home email address if you are seriously interested.
Steve
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 eperet1986

eperet1986

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

Still under warranty, I am selling my 3GHz Dual-Core Mac Pro, 750 gig boot drive with 5.5 gigs of ram and Radeon X1900 card. The computer will come with over $10,000 worth of legal editing software including Final Cut Studio 2 which includes Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Live Type, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack, and Motion as well as the Adobe CS4 Master Collection which includes every app they produce other than Lightroom.
Additionally installed will be thousands of absolutely legal plug-ins for Motion, Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
I have never had this computer crash on me, not once and it comes in the original box, with all the necessary discs for the different applications.
Contact me at my home email address if you are seriously interested.
Steve

people here can't even buy new arms and clamps, and you're selling a system worth more than $10grand?
now that's something.
thanks for the laugh.
glws.

#3 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5845 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

I'm not sure why you think this is funny. We have all sorts of people here on Wetpixel, including people who shoot, edit, and share footage for a living. This is a serious post.
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#4 eperet1986

eperet1986

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:58 AM

I'm not sure why you think this is funny. We have all sorts of people here on Wetpixel, including people who shoot, edit, and share footage for a living. This is a serious post.

lol..
this is why (as posted above)..
"people here can't even buy new arms and clamps, and you're selling a system worth more than $10grand?"
hence i found it funny..

i see lots of post here from $10 to $5000 (including mine), and none of them have moved so far..
so i said to him (OP) "glws", because he's gonna need it to move an item this big of value..

so again to the OP, glws..

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

eperet,
Figure a new Mac Pro costs 3300. then you want to put in more ram, a better video card and additional internal hard drive and you are up to $6200.00. Now add another 1000 for FC Studio and 2574.00 for the Adobe suite and another few thousand for the 3rd party plug ins for FCP, Motion, PHotoshop and After Effects and you are considerably over 10K.
I am asking $3600.00
Steve
PS. I have sold my last 2 computers on this site the same way with no complaints from the purchasers.

Edited by steve, 08 June 2010 - 12:28 PM.

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1595 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

I am asking $3600.00
Steve
PS. I have sold my last 2 computers on this site the same way with no complaints from the purchasers.

That is a great price and I am sure it wont be here too long. I just wish I was in the market for a Mac.

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#7 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

lol..
so i said to him (OP) "glws", because he's gonna need it to move an item this big of value..

I think see the problem! I generally don't respond well to "lol", and I have no idea what "OP" stands for. I figured out what "glws" stands for after you wrote it again. Apologies for the misunderstanding...
eric cheng
www | journal | photos

#8 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1994 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Original Poster :B): It's a great price for that kit. Shouldnt be a problem selling it.
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#9 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

I'm losing touch with the community!!

OK. Back to Steve's Mac Pro. Sorry for the distractions. :B):
eric cheng
www | journal | photos

#10 photoagent101

photoagent101

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

I'm losing touch with the community!!

OK. Back to Steve's Mac Pro. Sorry for the distractions. :B):

Yeah, Eric, get with the program. You are turning into an old man who doesn't understand glws and OP. I am embarassed to see this happen to such a former happening guy.

Steve, hopefully a pal of mine will be contacting you. I am putting a system together for him and if he doesn't buy your system, he's a fool for not listening to me. But then again, no one listens to me. LOL. GLWS, OP.

Norb
Norbert Wu
www.norbertwu.com

#11 eperet1986

eperet1986

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

I think see the problem! I generally don't respond well to "lol", and I have no idea what "OP" stands for. I figured out what "glws" stands for after you wrote it again. Apologies for the misunderstanding...

oh no worries..
no harm done..
let's just LOL and forget about it..
and to the OP, GLWS i'm not a pro, but am a tech guy and the specs makes me drool..

legend: LOL - Laugh Out Loud; OP - Original Poster; GLWS - Goodluck With Sale.

#12 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Ha, I'm with Eric, I didn't know what they meant either. :B):
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#13 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5845 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

OMGBBQ, Steve. I knew what they all meant except for the obscure, web forum ones like OP and GLWS. I just don't *like* them, and hate it when "adults" use them... :B):
eric cheng
www | journal | photos

#14 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 2220 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Nope sorry-still can't work out GLWS!

Help please!

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#15 londonsean69

londonsean69

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Photography, Pub

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Nope sorry-still can't work out GLWS!
Help please!

Good
Luck
With
Sale

Likes macro

#16 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2164 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

OMGBBQ, Steve. I knew what they all meant except for the obscure, web forum ones like OP and GLWS. I just don't *like* them, and hate it when "adults" use them... :swimmingfish:

"Adults"? We are?? When the h**l did that happen??? Are you sure, Eric?
Naah, shurely not
:B):

Edited by TimG, 08 June 2010 - 11:33 PM.

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#17 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

Naah, shurely not

Don't call me shurely :B):

#18 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2164 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

Don't call me shurely :D

LOL, it's years since I heard someone say that. Good one, Drew!!
:D

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#19 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

LOL, it's years since I heard someone say that. Good one, Drew!!
:D

Bad day to give up sniffing glue :D

#20 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

The funniest classified thread I have ever read.
Mac has been sold.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas