• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Barry Skinstad and his crew got into possibly the best baitball action I've ever seen, from almost every standpoint from small to big predators.
I can't say much more than that!

http://earth-touch.c...aitball-bonanza

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 philsokol

philsokol

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

AWESOME! Those folks are just amazing! Of course, looks like this was recorded the day we left :wacko:

Phil
Phil Sokol
Canon 7D, Subal, dual Inon Z240's, Tokina 10-17, Canon 60mm and 100mm
"Hey Dean! How do you work this crazy thing?!" Jerry Lewis

#3 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6166 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

filesize, about 106mb... :wacko:

Join us for our Lembeh and Bunaken Photo Workshop 12-19 May 2014
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#4 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 2986 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Ooh man, that's seriously impressive. I wonder how long a tank would last in a situation like that? I'm afraid there would just be a solid air column over my head. Thanks for putting that up Drew.

Someday,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#5 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:14 AM

filesize, about 106mb... :(

It's like 200MB for the 720p version Mike. You burning through your HSPDA connection? :wacko:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#6 lemon

lemon

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

yeah they got great footage. if you look in the archives there's also a clip of the cameraman getting bumped by a charging bryde's whale and a clip where a shark just makes it out of a charging whales mouth!

#7 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:26 PM

Yup
that was mentioned in July:
http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=31348

Drew

#8 giftie

giftie

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Barry Skinstad and his crew got into possibly the best baitball action I've ever seen, from almost every standpoint from small to big predators.
I can't say much more than that!

http://earth-touch.c...aitball-bonanza

...you mean the footage is not yours!? :wacko:
Jorge Santos
Aquatica D200/Twin DS-125/Hart 250HS/SB-800/10.5DX/12-24DX/17-55DX/105/60/ULCS
Web Gallery

#9 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:08 AM

Nice one, but the part from the movie Oceans is way, way better :) only saw a few minutes, can't wait to see the whole movie !

#10 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10595 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

I've seen most of what they captured in South Africa for Galatée, and I don't remember Bryde's whales in da house! I'm not talking about the skills of the cameramen. Just talking about the action. The Océans crew never saw action like that underwater. But yes, Océans will be fantastic.

Drew

#11 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:30 AM

Just talking about the action. The Océans crew never saw action like that underwater.

Right, I was talking about the quality and clear water, more "enjoyable" :) money money...

#12 Bigeye Bubblefish

Bigeye Bubblefish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:26 AM

This is so incredible.

A friend of mine went to SA this summer. His photos are also amazing: http://www.flickr.co...57621820496358/
Nikon D90 / Aquatica Housing / Aquatica 8" dome / Tokina 10-17mm / Sigma 17-70mm / ULCS Arms / Ikelite DS-125 & DS-160
Find me on flickr

#13 loftus

loftus

Blue Whale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4570 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

This is so incredible.

A friend of mine went to SA this summer. His photos are also amazing: http://www.flickr.co...57621820496358/

Some nice images there; he gets a few interesting images when his strobes hit things spot on. Others the lighting is off.
Nikon D800, Nikon D7000, Nauticam, Inons, Subtronic Novas. Lens collection - 10-17, 15, 16, 16-35, 14-24, 24-70, 85, 18-200, 28-300, 70-200, 60 and 105, TC's. Macs with Aperture and Photoshop.

#14 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:15 AM

Outstanding footage, just wish it weren't so pixelated on their website. Hope I get the $ to do that before I kick the bucket.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.