• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

2 x sea and sea ys-d1 strobes

Nauticam housing with pro kit (handles) for a panasonic (compact) Lumix LX10
Nauticam wise lens IN CASE
Nauticam floatation ring for lens

I assume you mean the WWL-1 lens.

If you take out the molded foam from that case, the lens will fit inside already in its flotation collar, so you can leave the collar on and not have to keep mounting/unmounting it.

#22 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:14 PM

If you take out the molded foam from that case, the lens will fit inside already in its flotation collar, so you can leave the collar on and not have to keep mounting/unmounting it.

I ordered the slightly larger:

#28125 - Padded Travel Bag for N120 140mm Optical Glass Wide Angle Port

For the WWL-1, fits perfect with the collar fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, 48,000lm of artificial sun.

www.richardwait.com

#23 Aotus

Aotus

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:cave diving

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

I'll try that. thanks.

#24 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

I used  2 different large backpacks and both worked fine.
As hauling around 40 lbs of photo gear, laptop, chargers, disks, d800 + prime lenses is rather annoying to my back so i got a trolley.
I can fit all my photo gear, disks and chargers plus my 17'' ZBook in it, don't have to carry it on my back.
Housing and arms goes in a Pelicase inside the dive suitcase.

Lately as the carry on laws get harder and harder i don't carry anymore my D800 hugyfot rig around the world,
my Lumix LX-100 is enough quality for my simple needs.
Eben if that bothers me a lot ....

Chris

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#25 Undertow

Undertow

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Think Tank Airport Security v2:

Definitely a 'max' size bag, fits a ton a stuff, and I've flown successfully with it all but once. Cathay Pacific got me with a weight limit of the bag empty! So I carried gear on my person (photo vest stuffed full, sling camera) and swapped housing to my gf's carry on etc. Took the bag on the plane almost empty. 

I do find the sides like to bow out so I have a pair of straps I wrap around it between check in and boarding so it doesn't look too big. 

Lowepro Whistler 450:

Just got this free, great Lowepro warranty, and agree with Aotus that it's heavy but carries well. Gear capacity is maybe 2/3 of the Think Tank roller + has outer compartment too. While no laptop slot, my 15" fits perfect in that outer 'wet' compartment, but I'd remove it before laying a loaded bag down to access gear. Works while flying though with a small laptop bag packed in my suitcase. 

Its surprisingly narrow but its designed to carry skis etc on the sides. But that meant, when boarding late, I fit it fully loaded into a tiny overhead space last flight while people with much smaller rollers were lugging them back to the jetway to gate check on the full flight. Massive win. 

Bonus: The camera box can be removed. Next non-photo trip I may use it as a normal bag. I've also seen someone put the box into a normal small roller, converting it to a camera roller for travel. 

Kata CC-195:

Seems this no longer exists and Kata's been absorbed by Manfrotto. Designed as a pro camcorder bag, its shape is brilliant with a square cross section, and fits a 9" dome standing up as well as my laptop (in a padded sleeve) laying on top of the dividers holding the housing/strobes etc. Just wish it was a roller, would be my go-to for travel with the dome. 

I also have 2 old Pelicans (I think 1550) that I don't travel with but are great for the boat here, where I do most of my diving/photo. Wish they were rollers though. Seriously would consider the 1510 or 1535Air. 

Personal item is either Lowpro Flipside 300 (older version) or Photo Sport 200. The flipside is my go-to daily small camera bag (handles an slr + pro lens trinity very well). The Photo Sport is great for mirrorless gear or a subset of dslr gear. Fully expanded it can carry a ton of stuff, even my 15" laptop, yet it can be cinched down super small for activities like skiing. 

Cheers,

Chris

Edit: Just thinking about this. Of the 3 bags I described, all can fit straight-in into an overhead bin, but the Think Tank (and rollers in general) are wide, taking up a lot of space across the bin while leaving a big gap between the top of the bag and the top of the bin. The CC-195 and Whistler both have rather square cross sections utilizing the space all the way to the top of the overhead bin and much less width across the bin. This can easily be the difference between having to gate check or not on a full flight. 

Edited by Undertow, 10 April 2018 - 10:28 AM.

#26 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:59 PM

I’ve given up on my TT Security V2

It IS too big, even if they say it’s within spec.

Taking up overhead space sideways didn’t go down well on my last flight with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, 48,000lm of artificial sun.

www.richardwait.com