3 replies to this topic

#1 cetacean101

cetacean101

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Hi-

I am in Cozumel through 4/4/18, and having trouble with my dive operator.  Despite their having a good reputation and being one of the more expensive operators on the island, they are putting me with new divers breathing air whose idea of a dive is to float as fast as possible over a reef, making it impossible for me to stop long enough to work underwater. I am coming up with half a tank of Nitrox after a dive spent trying to keep up with the newbies until they run out of air, bottom time or both.

Are there any photographer friendly dive operators I can switch to? I am going to give these guys one more chance tomrrow, but if they can't put me in a decent group I have to make a change. Thanks for any help.

#2 rwe

rwe

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:34 AM

I have used Tres Pelicanos on my last 3 trips to Cozumel http://www.trespelicanos.com/and was happy with them. 

Sony NEX-5N,10Bar Housing, Olympus C-8080, PT-023 (broken port tabs, of course), single Inon Z-240, flickr site: https://www.flickr.c...9071@N08/albums

#3 Vondo

Vondo

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Try Aldora. They’ve always been great to me trying to match divers abilities and maximizing bottom time. Be upfront about what you want.

#4 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

Bluextsea is great, only 6 to a boat, good guides and will leave you alone if you want to take your time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cozumel, dive operator