• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Squalo305

Squalo305

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Hi I was checking on Alexs various workshops on his website but they are all full, does someone knows if there is a way to contact him to maybe plan a new workshop or something with him. I am a huge fan of his work and I am really interested in learning from him.

#2 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2176 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Hi

Alex is a frequent reader and contributor to Wetpixel so I'm sure will see this..... and then  you could always send him a Personal Message (PM) through the Wetpixel system.

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8597 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

I see my name!

I run plenty of underwater photography workshops during the year. More than my wife likes. 

I announce all my workshops via a newsletter, which you can sign up for here:

http://www.amustard.com

The newsletter basically lets you know that a new trip is open for bookings and the full details are live on my website. 

I do not advertise my workshops in adverts or on Facebook. They are only promoted through my website. This really helps in bringing a group of like-minded photographers together, which is essential for an enjoyable and productive shoot. My trips are mostly populated with photographers who have been before or by shooters who have been encouraged to join by a friend, who has been before.  

Because my workshops are popular, they regularly fill soon after I have sent out this announcement email. Once a trip is fully booked, it is marked so on my website (which is why they all look full). I don’t open trips for bookings as soon as I have planned them and reserved boats - because it means that my guests end up having deposits out for ages in advance. I usually open them 18-9 months before they happen. 

If you really like the sound of a particular trip, even if it is full, then it is always worth contacting the agent to be on the wait list, because cancellations almost always happen.

Photo workshops, and indeed my workshops, aren’t for everyone and I have tried to share as much honest information about what they are like on my website. Read this before booking. My best advice is to ask opinions of people who have been on my workshops and find out if they are right for you.

I would also add that many photographers run workshops and many are excellent, and some are not! So it is always worth asking around for opinions from photographers who have been on workshops and work out who are the good teachers and who are not.

Finally, plenty of people have written articles about my workshops, this is the most recent one I have seen:

https://www.henleysp...ustard-workshop

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D5 (Subal housing). Nikon D7200 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 Squalo305

Squalo305

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

Thank you very much for your response Alex! I have been registered on your newsletter for a couple of months now, I will be checking constantly to see if they upload new workshop dates, looking forward to be in at least one.
Thank you!
It would be awesome if you could plan a workshop in Mexico!

#5 ScubaKelldy

ScubaKelldy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:15 AM

Thank you very much for your response Alex! I have been registered on your newsletter for a couple of months now, I will be checking constantly to see if they upload new workshop dates, looking forward to be in at least one.
Thank you!
It would be awesome if you could plan a workshop in Mexico!

Squalo, I know this feeling!!

Caught a slot opening for the Lembeh Shootout! It's not a full workshop, but sounds like some good fun and get to meet Alex Mustard too! (Hi Alex!!!)