• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaTroy

ScubaTroy

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

I am researching strobe options for a Panasonic Lumix LX10 with a nauticam housing.    I have not shot before with strobes (only video lights even for stills) and would greatly appreciate your recommendations.   A dealer has suggested the Sea & Sea YS-D2J Underwater DS-TTL Strobe.   Your thoughts on this recommendation would also be helpful.    Thanks,

#2 ChrisRoss

ChrisRoss

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:19 AM

the INOn S-2000 strobes are smaler and probably a better balance with the small LX-10 housing  you give u a little power but you will shooting in the range f f4 -f 5.6 which is equivalent to f11-16 on a full frame, so requires less power.

#3 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2178 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:24 AM

You can't go far wrong with Inon strobes for sure. If you search around on Wetpixel you'll find they are very popular and certainly the Z240 (bigger brother/sister to the S2000 and recently superseded by the Z330) has been almost the go-to standard. 

You might also search for the S&S YS-D2 too. They've had some comments a few months ago.

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#4 sbonev

sbonev

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:40 AM

The more light the better, so it is up to your budget. I am using it with 2 retras for example.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk