I thought I would quickly share my experience using a Sony a6500 underwater. I am using:
- Sony a6500 in Nauticam housing with Sola 3500 and Intovatec 2500 lights.
- Zoom - Sony 18-55mm lens in N85 Flat Port 72.
- Macro - Inon UCL for macro in M67 Flip Diopter Holder.
- Wide - Sony 10-18mm + Zen Underwater DP-170 Fisheye Dome Port
The video here has mostly a6500 footage (0:23 - 3:16):
- Having IBIS in a6500 helps to stabilize footage vs. none in the a6300
- Using Sony lenses with OSS helps even more
- Fast autofocus works really well for UW video - especially when subjects move a lot
- I could get 3+ dives without changing batteries using the Nauticam 2,500 mAh battery pack.
- The Sony UW white balance sucks and always need to be corrected in post-production (I use Premiere Pro CC Lumetri).
- The 4K (3840 x 2160) 30 fps would be better at 100 Mbps and not 60.
Edited by Colin Snow, 12 April 2018 - 10:30 AM.