I've looked into Maldives now (or Burma/Mayanmar, but I'll do a separate thread for that) for diving, where a few of us will all go diving together.
I've been to the Maldives twice, but I didn't do any diving until the second go, and that was pretty impressive!
We're looking for:
- Reasonable accommodation/diving costs
- Big pelagics if possible (hammers, mantas, whalesharks? )
- Night diving
- Local island diving, resorts will push the price up too much for my friends
- Any macro would be awesome but the focus (pun intended) is wide angle
So far I've found:
- Fulidhoo - seems to be the best choice so far? Unfortunately perhaps not a hotspot for big pelagics, but good night diving with loads of sharks
- Ukulhas - we may be a bit too early for this, seems December 'tis the season.
- Maafushi - I can't find much info about this unfortunately, and the videos I've seen have been fairly lacklustre.
I know it's a typical list for a 'low budget' Maldives holiday, but if anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated.