5 replies to this topic

#1 Ahm.86

Ahm.86

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hello Photographers 

I would like to share with you my story with YS-D2 Strobe , i have this Strobe form one and half years light used , it was so perfect with me , last time when i was diving i have a problem the strobe level control come out of control it was firing only in full power even when i adjust the control level to low power , at home i change cable and mode but still same problem ( only firing full power ) .

i send email for Sea&Sea Company to tell them my issue if they can repair the strobe but until today i did not get any response from them , and i send email for the shop i buy it from he tell me the Strobe not under warranty any more , and cost for repairing this problem will be close to for the new one cost  , he recommended to me buy new one. 

i come depressed after his email, for last chance i take the strobe for local camera shop in my country the technician say he need few days to check the strobe after 5 days they call to tell me they need to change small electronic part and interior O-ring the cost will be ( 40 $ ) .

after repairing i check it at home was working very well and use it now in more than 15 dives it's working perfect

IMG_8156.jpg

Strobe before repairing 

IMG_8170.jpg

Strobe after repairing 

#2 Stoo

Stoo

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

I'm glad that that worked out for you. Sadly, most companies take the "replace, don't repair" approach. I suppose it's easier and adds more to their bottom line. Some time ago, I went through something similar with a refrigerator. My local sales/service guy wouldn't even come to look at it when I described the symptoms. I spent some time on Google, ordered a part on-line ($83 CAD) and with about 15 minutes effort, it was up and running and has been for two years not. A new refrigerator was going to be close to $2000.

Edited by Stoo, 07 November 2018 - 08:01 AM.

#3 Uwshoot46

Uwshoot46

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:02 AM

Well done! A lot of times with some effort and smart thinking problems can be solved with low cost, and products can be used for many following years. Also very sustainable .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T800 met Tapatalk

#4 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, travel, carpentry, gardening, biology, medicine, physics, design & build UW custom gizmos

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

Congratulations!

My Inon D2000 strobe almost works, needs repair, but I am unable to find somebody to fix it either in Luzon, Philippines or the USA.

Would you please tell us the name and address of your camera shop experts so others can benefit from their strobe repair skills?

Thank you.

#5 pubert

pubert

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:34 PM

Congratulations!

My Inon D2000 strobe almost works, needs repair, but I am unable to find somebody to fix it either in Luzon, Philippines or the USA.

Would you please tell us the name and address of your camera shop experts so others can benefit from their strobe repair skills?

Thank you.

Hi! have you tried splash underwater imaging? I think they are the local distributor if Inon in the Philippines

https://www.splashuwimaging.com/

Or if that doesn't work out... try Igor Subora of Ocean Zone Explorers in Timog, QC - he fixes any brand of strobes and dive computers (apparently his hobby is fixing electronics)

Ocean Zone Explorers

#6 Ahm.86

Ahm.86

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:57 PM

Congratulations!
Thank you.

Hi kraken

I repair my strobe at local camera shop in kingdom of Bahrain If you didnt found shop can repair it near your country send your strobe problem i will tell them about it if they can fix it .

Edited by Ahm.86, 09 November 2018 - 11:57 PM.