• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markprior

markprior

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:02 AM

Alex's Snapper picture is today featured in the "Metro" with the strapline - "Fearsome: briton Alexander Mustard's Bohan snappers".

It is in an article about the Wildlife photographer of the year competition.

For people outside the Uk - the metro is a free newspaper that is distributed at railway and underground stations in the UK's bigger cities. In London most commuters read it and it has a circulation of over a million.
Sea & Sea D200 Housing - 60mm,105mm, 10.5mm, 12-24mm (All Nikon) Sigma 17-70mm and Tokina 10-17mm lenses and a bunch of Ports.
Lighting: 2 x Ikelite DS-125, 2 x Manual controller

My Pictures

#2 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

The snapper picture is really brilliant, like Alex was about to be devoured by them.

we get a Metro in the netherlands as well. When i studied for six months in Aberdeen, i kept wondering what kind of magazine "the big issue" was. Since the people distributing it were so strange, i suspected it to be some kind of ultra right wing magazine. I only later learned it was for the homeless

Gerard
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8384 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:08 AM

My picture was also in The Sun too (a British Tabloid) and that has a circulation of 3 million!

It has been amazing how many magazines and newspapers around the world publish the winning images - i have been getting emails from all over the place during the last few days, with people telling me they have seen my shot.

I has been stunning. And then I spoke at the Visions conference at the weekend and the organiser didn't know! He rang me yesterday to say I wish I had told him so I could have talked a bit about my images!

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).