3 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan

Stefan

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 06:59 PM

Hi!
I'm looking into getting a digicam and a housing, all my uw piuctures so far have been with a MMIIx, what I have looked at is to get a 4040 (might get a 5050 when they are out) and I see that the closes focus in non macro mode is 80cm. When using my MMIIx I take most pictures at 50cm (fixed range on that camera) and have to change manually to focus at 1m or further away. This is a inconveniance but I can do it with just on button and without looking at the camera, so it is OK.
Am I correct to assume that I have to click one button to set macro mode and then click the same button many times to go back to none macro mode? Does any of you x0x0 users find this a hassle? or do you take all shots at macro?

#2 Dee

Dee

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 07:46 PM

If I understand correctly....yes you can turn the macro on and off with one button push. Actually, I think it's 3 pushes...macro, spot macro, off.

It's easily done with my thumb without even looking at it.

#3 Stefan

Stefan

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 11:23 PM

Thanx, so it is easy but, do you switch between macro/non macro often or keep one setting all the time except for exceptions?

#4 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 08:00 AM

I stay in macro 95% of the time

Karl
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com