Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:45 AM

#2 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3072 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hi Rick,

I like the barracuda, but I think the image would be better if the background was darker. The background becomes distracting when there is that much light in it. The same is true for the urchin.

Luiz

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#3 Photobeat

Photobeat

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Top Side photography also, Compete in Triathlons, former professional drummer

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

I liked how the sea urchin was lighted, it just lacks impact, nothing special, a nice fish or starfish in front of it or something, a diver touching it might have helped. Impact is what it needed. The 'cuda shot is decent, it is a hard fish to light. Getting closer would have helped get more impact but all is not lost, I cropped your picture made some minor contrast adjustments and I like the impact a little more. Like Rocha was eluding to most people's eyes will go to the brightest spot in the picture first. It is easy to critique but getting closer and and maybe a little less under the fish would have made it great but it is still really good. A little cropping and photoshop work and I like this pic much more now.
Aquatica Housing - D100 - 10.5dx - 17-55DX - Nikonos 105 strobes - TLC arms

#4 Photobeat

Photobeat

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:Top Side photography also, Compete in Triathlons, former professional drummer

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:59 PM

edited pic

Attached Images

• barra.jpg

Aquatica Housing - D100 - 10.5dx - 17-55DX - Nikonos 105 strobes - TLC arms