• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manatee19

manatee19

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:U/W photo columnist and contributor to Diver Magazine (Vancouver) and En Profondeur magazine (Montreal), multimedia production.

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:57 PM

Hi gang,

I usually do not indulge in self promotion but since Christmas (or shall we say Holidays or festive time.... whatever) is coming, I will.

I enclose two scans of published material from yours truly.

The wall picture is a scan from Diver (www.divermag.com)... the Canadian one... where they used a D100 10.5mm fisheye shot for a full-page type image.... and who said 6MP was not good enough?

The manatee shot is a front page of a French Canadian magazine where we published a paper on this topic. This image comes from a Coolscan 4000 scanned Elite chrome 100. This was taken BC (before we changed to digital).

Please pardon the offense.

Michel
Michel Gilbert
www.sub-images.com

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6180 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:50 PM

Nicely done Michel. Good to see you on here again, its been a while, we need that Canadian content!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#3 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

Amen to that!

Congrats on being published

Todd
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted © Todd C Mintz

#4 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8375 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:26 AM

Congrats from a non-Canadian!
Although I have to admit that my grandfather was Canadian - and I have plenty of distant relatives in Toronto I have never met. Typing in "Mustard + Canada/Toronto" into google is quite revealing!

Anyway, sorry for the random off topic stuff. It must be quite a benefit being multi-lingual Michel opening up more publication chances. Helps that you take a mean picture too!

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#5 manatee19

manatee19

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:U/W photo columnist and contributor to Diver Magazine (Vancouver) and En Profondeur magazine (Montreal), multimedia production.

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:50 AM

Gee Alex,

Not only do we have the same Queen (Canada still has HM QEII as its head of state...!), but you have a Canadian ancestor.... it is usually the opposite

You are right, being able to speak manyb languages is a big help for anyone. I envy the Europeans that speak 3-4 languages. Having said that, English is becoming the XXIst century "Lingua Franca" and I am glad I learned it at an early age.

Thanks Mike, I am jealous of your location now... more photo ops for you at this time as exempilfied by the gorgeous spread in the Asian magazine... so that you can share in the grief, just want to let you know we had 45cm of snow (otherwise known as white sh... by the warm water nitrogen addicts that we are).

Thanks Todd too, great to share this passion with fellow canucks as well as all those outside "the best country in the world" (this is a favourite quote from former PM Chrétien).... mind you the best country in the world is anywhere where one can find great diving, a charging station for camera gear and plenty of Nitrox!

Off to Crystal River in a week to make more manatee images; seems visibility has increased... I hope nobody else will be there to crowd the spot... ;)

Best regards,

Michel... back to shoveling ;)
Michel Gilbert
www.sub-images.com

#6 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

My inlaws live right there in Ocala. While I am away in Raja Amphat my wife will be down visiting. I'll have her stir it up for you. ;)

I still have not dove with the manatees. Only diving I have done there is in the cavern/sinkholes. I always seem to be on my way to another destination when we are in Florida. Hope you have good vis and weather for shooting.

Cheers

Todd
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted © Todd C Mintz