Photo

FS: Aquatica 300d housing, with canon eos 300d(s)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lee3

lee3

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

i've got an aquatica 300d housing with TTL ICU boad and dual connectors that I paid $1800 for in November '04. In addition I own a pair of canon eos 300d's that are for sale and one 18-55 kit lens with the focus gear for the housing. I also have 2 spare o-ring kits for the housing which I'll include with the sale. I bought 2 canon bodies because I travel pretty far and wanted insurance in case I ever flooded the housing which I am proud to say I did not.

This is a great set up for someone looking to get an slr underwater. I am keeping both the macro port and the wide angle dome port as I am ordering the 20d hosing from aquatica. As with all of my other hobbies, I keep upgrading and want the best. This was a great step up for me and my photos coming from a point and shoot but now I want to upgrade to the 20d. A quick scan of ebay showed me the 300d cameras are going for $500 a piece. I am willing to sell the housing for $1200 with a camera and kit lens for $1700. If you want both cameras for the same reason that I did, I'll do the whole package for $2100. Bascially, you get the housing, camera, and a lens for the same price I paid for just the housing about 15 months ago.

You should be aware that you will need to buy one port (either macro or wide angle) to get this underwater and each port costs around $400 and I have ordered all of my gear in the past from ken ashman at cadigitaldiving.com and he has been great. The ports work with all aquatica housings and I enjoyed this housing a lot and am ordering the 20d housing so I will be keeping my ports to use with that housing. In addition, you will want to buy strobe arms and a strobe or two so factor that into the cost equation as well. I'm keeping my strobes to use with the new camera. The housing is in good condition, it has been on about 80 dives and I've never had a problem with water getting inside. I have had to tweak with a couple of foam pieces that touch the camera itself but that is pretty standard with underwater housings. if the housing was a 10 when i bought it, it is a 9 now and every camera function works in the housing. If interested, please email me at lar@sfsentry.com. Also, I will pay for tracked shipping anywhere domestically and I live in San Francisco should someone local want to check it out. I'm happy to email photos to interested buyers. Thanks in advance