• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

Where do you get your royalty free music from? Are their places where you can purchase synchronization rights to music that does not sound as if it was specifically recorded for use in elevators? What types of music do you find appropriate as background to underwater video?

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6186 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

Hi David....

I hate most royalty free music, just doesn't work well with UW stuff. Just doing a 12 minute short right now for marketing so need to use it, taking forever to find stuff.

Two that i have are from the Music Bakery and also Unique Tracks.

If you google Royalty Free Music you will get a bunch of websites that let you smaple the music on the page and some let you mix and match your own cds or download the songs you want.

Good luck, if you find some really good stuff please let me know, its an ongoing battle!!!

ALso, some people like Drew use some sort of software to make their own on the computer but i have no clue what....

Hint HInt Drew!... :(

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#3 ronrosa

ronrosa

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:42 PM

ALso, some people like Drew use some sort of software to make their own on the computer but i have no clue what....

Hint HInt Drew!... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe Acid Music ?

#4 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6186 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

Ummm Ron, care to expand upon that!?!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#5 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:06 AM

Thanks Mike,

I checked out the Music Bakery and found some tracks that I liked. In the past I have used Davenport Music Library, PBTM and have also purchased synchronization rights from CMRRA. I have spent some time playing with ACID but have neither the talent nor the time to produce my own audio. The audio is just as important to the overall production as the video and it presents quite a challenge to keep coming up with something fresh that appropriately complements the ambience of the scene.

#6 ronrosa

ronrosa

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

Ummm Ron, care to expand upon that!?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Acid Music is a software program made by Sonic Foundry, the same company that created Vegas Video. Sony now owns them.

Acid Music Webpage