4 replies to this topic

#1 drafahl

drafahl

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

Join the Digital Duo, Jack and Sue Drafahl, on a 12-night diving adventure aboard the Bilikiki. In addition to some fabulous diving, Jack and Sue will provide informative photo lectures in the evenings and there will be plenty of time between dives to answer your digital questions. Jack and Sue will be available to help you trouble-shoot your digital camera problems and provide pointers as you work with your images in Photoshop.
Cost for the 12 night diving adventure includes air-conditioned onboard accommodations in a Deluxe Cabin featuring a double bed plus a single bed above, private shower, and toilet and hand basin. Rates include hotel or airport transfers in Honiara, USD $10.00 per person, per night Gov't tax, meals and snacks, unlimited diving, weights and belt, tanks and air fills for $3912.00 per person (based on double occupancy). Rates do not include airfare, bar drinks, Nitrox, crew gratuities or personal purchases.

For further information or to book your Solomon Islands Photo Adventure, contact us at:

(503) 842-9979
digitalduo@jackandsuedrafahl.com
www.jackandsuedrafahl.com
Jack and Sue Drafahl - The Digital Duo
www.jackandsuedrafahl.com

#2 AndreSmith

AndreSmith

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Allready booked! Can hardly wait...

Now if I can only figure out how to get there :-)

Andre

#3 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:49 AM

You'll have a great time Andre :lol: My wife and I go to the Bilikiki twice a year at least. You can go there either through Brisbane or Fiji. I think both destinations are reached through LA. If you come the europe way, i can recommend using Singapore Airlines from Singapore directly to Brisbane. From Brisbane you take Solomon Airlines.

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#4 AndreSmith

AndreSmith

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Cor for all the useful information in your review.

The logical way for me coming from BC is Vancouver - Hawai- Fiji - Solomons. The problem with that is that you are restricted to 20kg check in and 7 kg carry on luggage from Fiji to Honiara. Coming the Brisbane route I was told that you can get a 40kg divers allowance to Honiara.

Have you or anyone else done the Fiji - Honiara flight? I am curious about their enforcement of those weights.

Thanks, Andre

#5 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:52 AM

It's true that you have a 40kg limit between Brisbane and Honiara. It's not as much a diver's allowance, as a special deal between Bilikiki and Solomon Airlines.

Ive done the Fiji/Honiara flight also (it stops in Vanuatu btw) and sofar my experience has been that the weight limits are enforced, but only towards the Solomons. Ive never had to pay leaving the Solomons. But overweight rules are not exact science, so just prepare to pay and feel lucky if you dont have to :)

Say hi to Monty and Michelle for me (the managers) :rolleyes:

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter