My first...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marjo

Marjo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Conservation photography, climate change resilience, species and habitat conservation

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

Have some text and images in the new Finnish travelguide to diving the world. I wrote the chapter on St. Croix and supplied the pics. Haven't actually seen the real book yet, but I see that it is advertised and says it will be for sale in Finland early February. However, I see they used one of my images for the cover. I am really humbled to be one of the contributors, because there are some top Finnish photographers in there.

Mondo dive travel guide

To me this is a big deal, because I have been really selective with showing any of my images, mostly due to lack of courage. However, the editor at Mondo (the travel magazin that publised the guide) just came across as a great guy and I really like Mondo's style very much, so this felt like the right project for me.

#2 Arnon_Ayal

Arnon_Ayal

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

I couldn't understand a word in the link but its seems impressive.
Congrats.
Arnon Ayal www.arnonayal.com
Nikon D200, Ikelite housing, Dual SB105.

#3 Marjo

Marjo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Conservation photography, climate change resilience, species and habitat conservation

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

I tried to run one of those online site translators (www.intertran.com) on the site to translate it from finnish to English but the results were so comical that I almost fell of the chair. For a non-Finn this "Finglish" would not make any sence. Let's just say it translated my name(Marjo Aho) to "Sprays Meadow" and what should have said "pre-orders available" came out as "lubrication subscribe register mysö advancement"... We'll at least I discovered yet another way to entertain myself for hours...

#4 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6181 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Very cool Marjo!! congrats

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#5 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

That is great, Marjo. Congratulations.

From the sounds of those translations you may get a lots of clicks for pre-orders. :P

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).