• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 One Lung

One Lung

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:14 AM

Please fill me in on this Caribbean location please.

Is it worth the effort and the costs? :)

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:35 AM

It depends. What do you want to do? I was there a month ago and enjoyed it. There is a lot written about Bonaire on the web. I'm sure there are many reports on scubadiving.com about the place in general but I could try to answer some specific questions if you have some . . .

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#3 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 12:25 PM

We were there in October and loved the whole experience. Buddy Dive Resort couldn't be any better set up for the priority of diving.......shore, boat or house reef..........for our tastes, shore diving at your own pace is much more enjoyable than the hussle of boat diving and on Bonaire the shore dives are as good as the boat dives (very few exceptions).......only drawbacks in my mind are the lack of big fish and a variety of structure..........nearly all dive sites gradually slope out from shore to about 30' in depth and then steeply slope down to 130'+.............lots of fish
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com

#4 scottyb

scottyb

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 08:19 AM

Look at the latest Rodale's, somebody sure seems to like Bonaire. It won several categories. It's on my short list because I like macro and lot's of diving.