• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shasta_man

Shasta_man

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

After bumbling around ineffectively in Vegas Color Correction, I thought I would ask the board.

I'm trying to correct for poor auto white balance performance on MiniDV.

Any tips on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Is this even the right tool? I don't find anything like Premiere Pro's select white eyedropper for adjustment.

Many thanks

#2 Detonate

Detonate

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA, Photography, Off Roading, Rock Climbing, Mt. Biking, etc...

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:48 AM

Add a Video Track FX, and then add the Sony Color Corrector filter.

You should be able to use an eye dropper for Black Level, Grey Level, and White Level. The grey level would be the traditional "White Balance".

#3 SomeAssembly

SomeAssembly

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:42 AM

Are you using full Vegas, or Studio? I think I found the eye dropper based correction was not available in Vegas Studio.

#4 freediver

freediver

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

Are you using full Vegas, or Studio? I think I found the eye dropper based correction was not available in Vegas Studio.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That might be your issue - Studio doesn't offer many of the more advanced tools of Full blown Vegas 6. You may be stuck with having to kludge your way through the white balance issue.

Cliff Etzel

website | blog

"To live the liquid life is to experience the rehabilitation of our bodies and minds as they evolve in the underwater world by not using any form of mechanical breathing apparatus - this is the essence, the purity of purpose of freediving." - Aharon Solomons