Photo-library of seagrass habitat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gaynor

Gaynor

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:I am a volunteer engaged in marine conservation diving, gathering species data for various Spanish projects and scientists at Barcelona University. I enjoy practicing underwater photography.

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:28 AM

I am a keen conservationist and novice u/w photgrapher spending my free time studying the Posidonia Oceanica (seagrass) meadows off the Costa Brava, which form a nursery for a myriad of Mediterranean species. :angry:

I have been carrying out a survey of this important habitat and collecting data for the past two years, with the help of volunteer divers, and have been building up a photo-library of the species that we find there. See "Seagrass album" on my website: www.kennaecodiving.net

As the meadows we are studying are in shallow waters, the natural light is good and there is plenty of dive time available to take lots of photos and really concentrate on your shots. However, I am still learning and making many mistakes before getting anything decent. Compared with photos on this forum, you all seem so much more experienced and capable than I am.

I would really appreciate advice and help from more experienced u/w photographers, either by way of feedback on the photos taken so far (see website) or by spending some time here actually diving and taking photos with me.
Every year I need to recruit more like minds to help with this ongoing project, so please get in touch and spread the word to buddies. Thanks. Gaynor

Volunteer divers needed to help with marine conservation research in the Mediterranean.

#2 cloustalot

cloustalot

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:55 PM

Hi Gaynor

I'm still planning on helping you out this fall...and bringing my camera!

:angry:

Christa
Christa Loustalot

Canon 5D
Sea & Sea Housing & 2 DS 125's
http://www.photograsea.net

#3 Gaynor

Gaynor

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:I am a volunteer engaged in marine conservation diving, gathering species data for various Spanish projects and scientists at Barcelona University. I enjoy practicing underwater photography.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

Hi Christa

That´s great. :angry:

Having looked at the superb photos on your website I´m looking forward to picking up some tips from you.

Have you relocated now? Hope you settle in to your new area okay.

Best regards

Gaynor

Volunteer divers needed to help with marine conservation research in the Mediterranean.

#4 cloustalot

cloustalot

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

I'll be there in a week!

Looking forward to working with you this fall. I'll contact you soon about scheduling so I can go ahead and get things arranged...

C
Christa Loustalot

Canon 5D
Sea & Sea Housing & 2 DS 125's
http://www.photograsea.net