• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:34 AM

My 5D and 24mm F1.4L arrive today. I'm excited!

Thanks for posting the photos Jean!

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#22 Jolly

Jolly

Lightning Kraut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:40 AM

Hey James,

congratulations to your beautiful new camera :D
Fine piece of glass too!

Julian
| Canon 5D I+II / Sealux CC5-GD I+II custom converted | 2x Ikelite DS-125 | ULCS |

#23 Mike L

Mike L

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Pics look good. Nice to know the pics are going out to the public and yet some of us dealers have yet to receive them...

FYI Brian, your housing is shipping from Aquatica tomorrow...you will have it next week!!!!
Mike Luzansky
H2O Photo Pros Underwater Photo & Video THE Underwater Imaging Headquarters
Gates Underwater Video Housings The Ultimate Gates Underwater Housing Resource
Nauticam Underwater Housings The Nauticam Underwater Housing Headquarters!
Marine Visions The Choice for Underwater Professionals

#24 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Ah chuck, Mike, didn't mean to sidetrack you, as so happen, Aquatica have yet to receive the pictures themselves :D
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#25 allen

allen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:I spend most of my time alpine climbing, hiking, mtn. biking, or skiing. When I can get away it is to travel for climbing or diving. Been doing this nonsense for way too long to do anything different.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

The housing looks very nice. Thanks for posting. Okay so Canon put an extra button on it for printing. Pretty worthless for the most part, but I have heard noises from folks trying to get into the firmware and make the button user programable. If this happens what are the chances that this button could accessable while housed? I.e. can this button be retro added?

#26 stone

stone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

I bet this housing does not alow me to use the jog-dial like button, which is the most efficient way to set the focus point.

#27 allen

allen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:I spend most of my time alpine climbing, hiking, mtn. biking, or skiing. When I can get away it is to travel for climbing or diving. Been doing this nonsense for way too long to do anything different.

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:55 AM

From the looks of it the main dial (aka jog-dial) is supported. There are four buttons on top of the housing on the right side plus an adjustment. You can see where is comes down on to the main dial in the first images.

#28 stone

stone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:06 AM

I think we are talking about different, i'm refering to the button next to the top right corner of the LCD.

#29 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:06 AM

Here is a better view of the top part, as for printing button access, there is no plan to access it since the situation as of now does'st justify it. I would'nt reccomend toying around your firmware unless something revolutionary could be gained from it.

Regards

Attached Images

• DSCF0444.jpg

Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#30 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

Here is a better view of the top part, as for printing button access, there is no plan to access it since the situation as of now does'st justify it. I would'nt reccomend toying around your firmware unless something revolutionary could be gained  from it.

Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure a hacker will come along and put out firmware that reprograms that button to do something useful like order pizza. :D
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#31 allen

allen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

I bet this housing does not alow me to use the jog-dial like button, which is the most efficient way to set the focus point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, different button. And I think you are correct. I also noticed that only the AE/FE Lock or AF point selection button is supported. Not sure which but even though you have only one available at least they can be program.

#32 stone

stone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I found that none of the 20D manufacturer have implement this control, so should be the same for 5D. May be its to hard to implement this function, as the button is too close to the LCD.

#33 bacripe

bacripe

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

the problem is that the multi-controller requires movement in all directions - that's very difficult to build in a waterproof fashion and have funciton the same way it does on the camera outside of the housing. There was some discussion about this when the 20D housings came out. You can still use the jog wheel to select AF points.

You also have access to both the AE/FE Lock and AF point selection buttons - the AE/FE lock button is accessed via the lever on the right side, while the AF point selection is accessed by button. It's the same way on most canon housings.
Brian Cripe
Canon 1DmkIII, 1DsmkIII

#34 stone

stone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:43 PM

So far, I can only see sea & sea implement this button in their housing.

Posted Image

#35 stucotts

stucotts

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:26 AM

Looks alot like my D70 housing, different color of course... keep em coming, you make great housings. I have had such fun and have taken wonderful shots with it.

#36 stone

stone

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:50 AM

Does 17-40L require extension ring?

#37 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 06:09 AM

Usually it requires an extension ring. W/ my Seacam housing, it required a 35mm extension.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org