No replies to this topic

#1 UWphotoNewbie

UWphotoNewbie

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:04 PM

For Sale:

Nikon 18-70mm AF-S Nikkor lens in very good condition. I have owned this lens for 1.5 years and used it occasionally. It was well-cared for and is in perfect working condition. I used the lens always with a UV filter on the front and stored it with the rear cap. Absolutely no scratches on the lens surfaces.

This lens has been a great performer and is very convienient to use. AFS makes it fast focusing and the zoom range and minimum aperture are great. This is a very convenient lens to use. This would be a great addition to any digital Nikon SLR camera, especially the D100 or D50, a definite upgrade from the 18-55 kit lens, a backup for D70 owners or an excellent walk-around-lens for D2X owners.

Included is the lens, lens cap, rear cap, hood, box and instructions.

Also, a 67mm UV filter to protect the lens.

(lens soft pouch case not included)

$250 + shipping obo (PM me to arrange payment)

See other posting for Ikelite port for this lens.

Alphabet Soup:
AF-S: Internal motors for fast focusing....great for fish portraits.
IF: Internal focusing so the front doesn't move in and out while focusing...a good thing
ED: is special glass used to increase sharpness.
M/A (Manual/Automatic) mode means that even while in autofocus you may simply grab the focus ring to make manual focus adjustments. Next time you tap the shutter it returns to AF mode, and next time you grab the ring you're instantly in manual mode. I wish everything on earth worked this well.

This lens has had many very positive reviews:

Thom Hogan
Ken Rockwell
Bjørn Rørslett

specs:

Compact 3.8X zoom covers portrait to wide view (76 degrees at 18mm to 22 degrees 50 minutes at 70mm)
Optimized DX lens design is compatible with every Nikon D-Series digital SLR cameras
Three Nikon ED glass elements, plus aspheric element for low distortion and minimized chromatic aberration
Exclusive Silent Wave Motor for high-speed auto-focusing with accuracy and super-quiet operation
Internal Focusing (IF) for smoother operation and great balance
M/A mode for instant switching from auto-focus to manual Nikon D-Signal technology for enhanced flash and ambient exposure control
Focal Length: 18-70mm

Maximum aperture: f/3.5
Lens construction: 15 elements in 13 groups (three ED glass lens elements, one aspherical lens element)
Picture angle: 76 degrees- 22 degrees 50 minutes
Minimum focus range: 0.38m (15 in.)
Max. reproduction ratio: 1:6.2 (.16)
Filter Size: 67mm
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 073 x 75.5mm (2.9 x 3.0 in.)
Weight : Approx. 390g (14.8 oz.)
Included accessories: HB-32 Hood, 67mm lens cap, rear cap

I have lots of other Nikon lenses and realized that I wasn't using it very often. I will post actual pictures when I get a chance.

Attached Images

• 18_70.jpg

UWPhotoNewbie: Not such a newbie to diving and UW photography.

Nikon D70: 60 mm, 11-16mm, 105mm, 15mm, 10.5mm

Ikelite iTTL Housing, dual Ikelite DS125

Nikon D600 topside 14-24, 28-300, 70-200, 35,50,85