#41 LChan

LChan

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:36 AM

I saw that discounted price on amazon.
also 3 pounds for shipping.

but then I won't be able to get my book signed!!!!!!
Nikon D200 - Subal housing - 10.5mm, 12-24mm, 17-35mm, 60mm, 105mmVR - Dual Ikelite DS-125 - ULCS arms.
Canon SD550 - Canon housing (pocket videocam)

Larry Chan -- My Webpage

#42 UWphotoNewbie

UWphotoNewbie

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

Is the publisher planning to translate it for us yanks? You wouldn't want to confuse us with all of your misspelling of "Colour" [sic] and cryptic terms like "torch" or off-the-wall phrases like "Bob's your uncle...." and I hope you don't even start discussing "rubbers" etc. :lol:

No seriously....get on with it. :lol: I'd order it today from Amazon.com but I don't see them taking pre-orders yet.

UWPhotoNewbie: Not such a newbie to diving and UW photography.

Nikon D70: 60 mm, 11-16mm, 105mm, 15mm, 10.5mm

Ikelite iTTL Housing, dual Ikelite DS125

Nikon D600 topside 14-24, 28-300, 70-200, 35,50,85

#43 LChan

LChan

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

I just received my copy from Amazon UK.

Congrats Alex,
What a great book.

I showed it to my parents last night.
They finally understand why I love to dive.
They are also going to try snorkeling on their next trip to Hawaii.

This book really helps to bridge that gap between divers and the general public.
Congrats again.
Nikon D200 - Subal housing - 10.5mm, 12-24mm, 17-35mm, 60mm, 105mmVR - Dual Ikelite DS-125 - ULCS arms.
Canon SD550 - Canon housing (pocket videocam)

Larry Chan -- My Webpage

#44 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:10 PM

I just received my copy from Amazon UK...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was going to wait until it went on sale somewhere here in the States, but thought I'd try Amazon UK as well. There didn't seem to be any problems -- just extra postage (I think shipping was around 7lbs sterling, which converts to what in American - about 3.2 kilos? :D ).

So apparently it's really not that tough to get a copy in the U.S after all... :unsure:

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#45 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

I was going to wait until it went on sale somewhere here in the States, but thought I'd try Amazon UK as well.  There didn't seem to be any problems -- just extra postage (I think shipping was around 7lbs sterling, which converts to what in American - about 3.2 kilos? :D ). 

So apparently it's really not that tough to get a copy in the U.S after all...  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I arrived home from work today only to find Alex's book - which got all the way to Seattle from the U.K. (via Amazon UK) in only 8 days! I've been pouring over it for the past hour, and I agree with what everyone else has said. It's a beautiful book - you should be very proud, Alex! Assuming it is readily available in the U.S. by Christmas, I know what Santa will be bringing my best dive buddies... :D

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#46 bluga

bluga

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

Wow nice, I am going to order one. :blink: