21 replies to this topic

#21 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:46 AM

Hi Mary

Hey I'm glad you enjoy the podcasts, but they really are only an amateur affair at the moment compared to the ones that you host! Having said that I've got a couple of really exciting projects lined up for this summer, so I may be able to get them a little more proffesional, polished and with proper commentry by the end of the year (fingers crossed) :)

It's amazing how quickly bandwidth can get munched up. I regularly have downloads in excess of 2gig a day with a current average of around 50 gig a month (although this is going up all the time). Any help spreading that load has got to be appreciated! :angry:

I'm not fond of internet hosting companies at the moment as you can imagine. Once you actually look at the Terms of Service of many of the internet providers you find that although they may be offering unlimited or high bandwidth accounts, they pretty much exclude every single use that you would need an account like that for in the first place! Not many of them at all allow hosting of a podcast feed, and the ones that do may only do so because they overlooked excluding it!

For now I think that it's always good to have a back up plan :wub:

Cheers, Simon

#22 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:59 PM

Sorry Folks
I need the extra server space now so I will have to put on hold the offer of the uploader page etc.

I do have www.pcwags.com if you are after some space in the meantime.

Cheers :rolleyes:
Wags
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au