• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 bayondai

bayondai

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:05 AM

Thanks ronrosa. I liked your macro shots of some of the shrimp.
My camera is pretty much neutrally boyant below 33 feet. I found that when I am swimming and shooting like around the small wreck on my video the camera moves from side to side even if I think it is. If I am breathing real slow to the point of almost holding my breath. When I do that I go up and so does the camera. If I sink myself to the sand bottom I am fine, but if I am over a reef I don't want to stand or lay in the coral for obvious reasons. I am more than likely going to cozumel at the end of the month and I would love to pick up some pointers especially in shooting while drift diving.
Mike

#22 David White

David White

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

Using a monitor while shooting allows you to see what you are recording and make adjustments as necessary. Generally I will exhale slowly while dollying in to the subject all the while concentrating on steady, steady, steady. My housings are slightly negative, (prefer it that way) and the larger the size of the housing the easier it is to keep still. When editing I will trim the shaky parts out and , if necessary, go slow motion (up to about 25%) to make the video appear even smoother.

#23 bayondai

bayondai

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the advise David.
Mike