• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

I am selling my Seacam Canon EOS 1D/1Ds MK 11 housing. Housing can accommodate both earlier versions 1D/1Ds, as well as the newer 1D MK IIn.

Housing comes outfitted with:
· S180 viewfinder.
· PVL 35 Port Extension (will need this for Canon 17-40 f/4 L lens)
· One zoom lens gear (fits Canon 17-40 f/4 L and 16-35 f/2.8 L series lens).
· One manual focus gear (fits Canon 15mm fisheye).
· Two TLC dovetail mounting brackets on camera housing (used, but very good
condition).
· One set of spare O-rings (un-used).

Sorry, but I am not including any ports.

Condition: I purchased this housing summer of 2004. With the exception of a couple very small abrasions in the painted finish, the housing looks about new. All this would run over $8,000 new. I take very good care of my stuff.

I am looking at parting it for $5900, which includes UPS ground shipping in the continental US. All other shipping options will cost extra.

Feel free to email me with any questions at wsphotography@bellsouth.net . Photos of housing on request only.

#2 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

I don't know Walt personally (although he's got some fantastic photos on his website!), but IMHO if anyone is considering a 1D Mk II or 1Ds Mk II and a Seacam housing, this is a pretty good deal. Just the housing and S180 viewfinder would cost you more than he's asking new, and you definitely would want that viewfinder IMO (its adjustable diopter customizeable for your vision and the magnified image are partly why many people buy Seacam housings!). You'll still need to spend some more money on ports (and probably on some focus/zoom gears), but you're at least saving a few bucks on the basic pieces...

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#3 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

For anyone interested, my Seacam 1DmkII housing with PVL 35 Port Extension (will need this for Canon 17-40 f/4 L lens), zoom lens gear for 17-40 f/4 L and 16-35 f/2.8 L series lens, focus gear for Canon 15mm fisheye has been re-priced to $4,100. Another feature I for got to mention is that housing is now fitted with Seacam’s new resin composite handles. If you still prefer the original smooth metal ones, well, they come with the housing too.

I will be willing to let go the S180 Seacam viewfinder (which is in cherry condition) for $1,400.

I also have for sale a custom made Subal to seacam port adaptor. In addition to permitting the user the ability to mount any Subal port (did it so I could use Subal’s DP-FE2 in place of Seacam’s mammoth super dome) on a Seacam housing, the adaptor also acts a 15mm port extension. Which works well with the Canon 24mm 1.4L. $110 plus shipping for it.

E-mail: WSphotography@bellsouth.net

Attached Images

• Seacam4.JPG

#4 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

Hi all,

I’ve decided to drop the price a little more on my Seacam 1DmkII housing a to $3700 U.S. That puts it more than $1700 below list price for a housing that is almost new condition with extras like: PVL 35 Port Extension Ring (will need this for Canon 17-40 f/4 L lens), zoom lens gear for 17-40 f/4 L and 16-35 f/2.8 L series lens and focus gear for Canon 15mm fisheye, as well as Seacam’s new resin composite handles. If you still prefer the original smooth metal ones, well, they come with the housing too.

If you want the S180 Seacam viewfinder included, add another $1300. By itself, it still $1,400.

I can't go any lower than this.

Attached Images

• Seacam3.JPG

#5 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6183 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

So whatcha buyin Walt?? 5D?

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com