• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

Hey all, honored that MaryLynn put up one of my films shot in Thailand. I think it is podcast 15. I was in the water in Phuket last year when the Tsunami hit but I didn't include any of the devistation in the video. Would love to get some feedback, positive or negative.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hi All,

I've just added Epidode 16 to DiveFilm Podcast Video: "Revisiting SeaLab II."

(You can still download Steve's wonderful Thailand video, as well as all the other earlier episodes.)

"Revisiting SeaLab II" includes some fun historic footage, a new interview with Scripps Diving Officer Emeritus Jim Stewart, and ROV footage of the underwater site as it looks now. SeaLab II was an underwater habitat, home to 28 Aquanauts who took turns living in the module on the sea floor at 205 fsw during a 45 day experiment in 1965 not far off Scripps Pier, La Jolla California.

You can get to the video podcasts if you have iTunes on your computer by clicking here.

Subscription to the video podcasts is free!

You can also add the feed to your aggregator: http://divefilm.com/...sts/podcast.xml

Hope you enjoy the video podcasts!

Mary Lynn

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10636 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

I was on a boat about 13 miles off phuket when the 2 waves hit phuket.
About your vid, I'll comment on the uw portion only. I'm not sure the use of one light allows the scene to have uniform color. A few shots showed too much contrast between proper color and green cast. Then again I've never been a real fan of mixed light shooting.
Just my 2 cents.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback; I admit, being color blind does present problems in post when doing color correction. I was also in Phuket, in the water, when it hit. I was then asked to go ashore to film some of the devastation and we found about 10 survivors on an island whom we brought back to our ship, the Angyun, and then delivered to a military ship. Flew up to Bangkok and then home. Was interviewed on CNN and a couple of local stations who used some of the footage which was not included in that film.
Interesting comment about the lights tho, I was using 2 Cannons throughout.
Glad to get some feedback....will look at the film again tomorrow and see it with new eyes.
thanks again,
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.