• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:40 AM

Final Cut Studio 5.1 is finally out. It is native for the Intel and PPC macs. This is the universal binary version that has been promised. There are a few bugs (probably) but overall it does work and fast.
Upgrade paths for current FCS 5 users is the crossgrade for $49. AFAIK, there are no new features on 5.1 except the compatibility with the Intel Macs. There are also upgrades for older versions.

Apple Final Cut Studio Website

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

Up and running on my MacBookPro. So far not bad. Can do most stuff in real-time until you really layer on the effects...then things slow down. Render and export times are slowww on my first couple of rounds. Using an 80gig laptop drive for the captured video and work of this. I am sure this causes additional delays but have no choice. My software has used up 75% of my drive space alone. I do have a flashy 7200rpm internal hd so that has served me well for the FCS app and project files. More to come.
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com