• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

I am new here, and I don't write good english, but I hope you understand me. I live at Gran Canaria( Spain), and work usually with underwater videos. This time I like you to know about my videos, that you may see here. In this moment , I am learning how to convert all the videos to mp4, so, it will be possible to get wmv, mov, 3gp and mp4. I hope you like this videos, most of them , recorded at Canary Islands. This forum is great, and I like so much the videos you are sharing. Thank you ...
MIGUELVIDEOSUB WEBPAGE -VLOG
FEEDS Edit movies---Species

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10631 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:54 PM

Welcome Miguel.
Some nice pilot whale shots, do you need a permit to shoot them like Azores? I haven't been to Gran Canaria since 93. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then. Maybe I should go find another mediterranean girlfriend so I have an excuse to head out there and also Azores again. Nice stuff.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:11 AM

Thank you very much by your commentary, scubadru. At the moment some fixed colonies of pilot whales exist that live between several islands (most well-known is the one than there is between Tenerife and Gomera), and to record under the water is necessary a permission that gives the local authorities. However, in some occasions I have been able to find some units near the place where I live and there has been no necessity to ask for it. Also we can see other species of whales.
The recordings that see in my Webpage are shooting summary which I have made to local producers or TV local companys and I have a very pleasant memory of those encounter.
All the shooting was made without bottle(apnea).
Several companies exist that usually take to tourists or local people in their boats to sight these cetaceans, but, since I have commented, if one wishes to record them under the water, is necessary to have permission.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:46 AM

Hi Miguel

I found a nice easy software programme that converts avi or mpeg to mp4 for iPods/iTunes etc. It's called Videora, it's free and can be found at http://www.videora.c...n-us/Converter/

They also make converters for other platforms like PSP and XBox.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Simon

#5 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:36 AM

Thank you for your comment Simonspear. I found another program Total video converter and it seem is ok...I have create mp4 already and upload to my server, so you may get them at my webpage. In other hand, I will try this program also....One reason to try is that I have some problems with my capture card Matrox. When I created Microsoft Dv avi codecs,,,Quick time pro give alert about this files and do not make the compression correct to mp4, 3gp..etc... I don`t have Mac. Hope I find the solution...Thank you..