• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hello to all. I have seen post of Mary Lyn and waqtsy, and I have proven to try to create feed with feedburner. What it happens, is that still pending the one of itunes, wanted to know if what I have created is correct, since, I have introduced object
in xml, and, when proving to read it with feedreader, I see the video wmv(at the moment goes well with wmv).Is this correct to do it or no?.I will like to know that if is correct or not to use this way, so , anyone could see the video with a feedreader directly. I know already how to make the feed with feedburner , and you can see at this link( it just a test), that it seems that it work if you click on it. Using my feedreader , I also can see the videos( I put two small wmv for this case). Do I make something wrong if a fix more videos?..The xml is validate , but says that is better not to have any tags like <object>. Can you give me help on this?
LINK TO THE FEED ( just for test)...Thank you...
HERE
MIGUELVIDEOSUB WEBPAGE -VLOG
FEEDS Edit movies---Species

#2 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

Were is you XML page? Could not find it.

Once you have you XML page set up just submit it to all the podcast directories.

Mine is here for example.
http:/hdvunderwater.com/podcasts/podcast.xml

ipods play video podcasts @ QT H.264 m4v but you should make wmv files as well as Windows Media Player will not play them if someone is trying to view them on their windows computer. Not sure if a ipods can play wmv files.

Wags
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#3 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:19 AM

Thank you for your replay...
If you see my post, there is a feed at HERE.. this is the adress
FEEDVIDEOSINTEGRADOS
Using firefox, in my case, when I press I can see the videos. I know that Ipod will not play wmv, at the moment. Thats why I am preparing all my videos with mp4, using H.264, and my itune seems ok for playing the videos.
I have created another feed for Recently news at my web, including mp4. Here is the adress
NEWS AT MY PAGE
Obvious, still I am learning like causing that it is accessible the videos through feeds, but I have been with problems derived from the language. I have slope registering to me in itunes, but, using feedburner, I can try that they are possible to be added through feed. I feel much the disadvantages, but I am sure that once I know the system,I could offer the possibility that mp4 can be acceded (already you may download from my webpage directly) . However, the idea was that with some feedreader they could see integrated videos, not necessarily with ipod. In the next future, my intention is to get that chance, so , every body could use ipod either to see them. In the previous case and origin of this post, I can see with my feedreader the integrated videos.The idea came when I could see some videos of google, in format flash, that are visible with feedreader (here is the XML of this example, Googlevideos
If you add this xml to your feedreader, you can see the video inside,,this is what I try to say...
Thanks for the commentaries...

#4 miguelvideosub

miguelvideosub

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:43 AM

By the way, wagsy I have watched at divefilm.com, and have verified that podcast that appears yours about Ningaloo Reef in HDV Images from Western Australia and I tried to add to my itunes, but, it seems something is not correct, either is not working or the videos are not in the correct format. Nevertheless I did not have any problem to add with the xml you post before, with feedburner,,and I am getting all the videos to watch them...Nice work.. :lol: :(Pain that I live in another ocean, with different conditions..I don`t know if it is a problem with the link at dives film( by the way, nice films.. :lol: Mary Lynn) .
I have read all the information about itunes at my Pc. Wagsy, I wil like to ask you..iIt would be sufficient to create feed, with feedburner, the parameters for itunes, and thus it would serve so that they can lower mp4? With respect to feed, is necessary to put so much <enclosure> as the <media content>(thought that was only for yahoo) within the items? Thank you four your help.