• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:59 AM

I have a small problem... NDR but video relevant.

I have some captures of a laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy procedure from the other day, and the endsocope is "upside down" from an anatomical perspective. I would like to be able to flip the video over so that up is down... I find no way to do this with iMovie (no surprise there). Before I go drop the big moolah on Final Cut/Final Cut Express, am I going to be able to fix this??
Why would I take a perfectly good camera underwater??
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

Photo galleries @ Ruaux.net

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

Hey mate
Just look through the Apple imovie plug ins for mirror or effect plug ins. Should have one for orientation. Should be free too.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:35 AM

There's a mirror effect plugin, but this emulates a mirror moving across the frame... I'll go see if Apple's site has some other ones that may work.

EDIT: found a plugin by Stupendous Software that does the job. Eeeexcelllent.
D300, D200, D70, 12-24 f4 AFS DX, 60mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 AF-S VR, 105 f2.8 AF-S VR, Tokina Wunderlens.

#4 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:33 PM

Good but don't be cheap... you can claim expense for buying FCP with the Uni. :lol: :lol:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#5 Craig Ruaux

Craig Ruaux

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:40 AM

True, true... but I needed this for a lecture last night, and getting the paperwork done for an institutional order was going to be a pain in the proverbial.

I should probably get things organized ahead of time :lol: