• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marriard

marriard

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 09:18 PM

I have seen a few questions about processing RAW files from DSLR's so I thought I'd point out an application I have had some nice success using.

It is called Bibble from www.bibblelabs.com - it has support for the Canon's, Nikon's and Fuji raw formats, and includes nice enough support for Photoshop. Certainly the conversion functions are very good (although personally for the Fuji S2 I prefer the color and cntrols from RAW Converter EX in most cases)

Worth a look considering the $99 price tag. Versions available for Mac and PC (Mac doesn't have S2 support at the moment)

Your other option is QImage (which I am not fond of).

M

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the posting Paul.

I like Qimage for printing, but I'm not fond of it for the Fuji RAW conversion process. It's sorta hard to use and I don't like the interface. I hate to say it, but it seems to have TOO many options for me.

Perhaps in the future I will use Qimage, but like you, I like RAW converter EX.

I'll take a look at Bibble.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 craig

craig

Full Moon Rising

• Super Mod
  • 2826 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 11:56 AM

I like Bibble, although it is occasionally unstable. Its plugin does not pass though any EXIF data (for Nikon, at least).

Be careful with the one-click white balance. It tries sometimes too hard to make a pixel white. The author says it will automatically channel-mix when necessary.

You can browse in it, white balance the ones you like, then select them and batch convert to 16-bit TIFF.
I love it when a plan comes together.
- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

------
Nikon, Seatool, Nexus, Inon
My Galleries