Photo
- - - - -

First photo op for new diver (somewhat humerous)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 landlockedinTN

landlockedinTN

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 09:05 AM

er..that would be spelled humorous, anyhow, here's the story...

I took my girlfriend for her first dive since certification. We went down to Destin, FL and made the first dive, during which she was excited by our awesome underwater world. I was happy that she was finding the same enjoyment in my passion. Life was good.

I had taken my camera, which at the time was an Ikelite aquashot with a fixed arm strobe. On the second dive I took a few shots and decided to let my girlfriend take a few shots herself. I had completely forgotten the mind buzzing flurry of incoming information that one has when they are on their first "real" dive. Anyhow, I handed her the camera halfway through the dive and she proceeded to take a few snapshots. Five minutes later I noticed the camera was no longer in her hands (though my girlfriend was not aware of this). When I motioned asking her where the camera was, she looked over each shoulder and, puzzled by the missing camera, threw up her hands!

When we resurfaced, the Divemaster was holding the camera setup on the boat. It is quite bouyant and the Captain had spotted it bobbing on the surface. :) My girlfriend mentioned that she was swimming along, and had felt something choking her ever so slightly. It turned out to be the camera's strobe arm, as the bouyant camera she had released was trying to get to the surface. Unbeknownst to my girlfriend, she was holding it down with her neck! She realized this, grabbed the camera, and proceeded to let go of it again later during the dive!! :)

(Yes,she is a blond.)

#2 markh

markh

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 07:03 AM

Lucky the camera wasn't negative or it wouldn't have been the only thing lost...................or maybe that was the cunning plan (that went wrong!!!)
Dirk Pitt taught me everything!!!!
E10/Titan housing/1 x Sea & Sea 90 Duo