Photo
- - - - -

Nikon dslr inside nexus F90 or F801 housing??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mary Malloy

Mary Malloy

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Any species I haven't seen and big stuff.

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:19 AM

Has anybody tried to fit a Nikon DSLR in Nexus housings. I shoot manual so all I need is on/off, shutter and aperture. Aperture via the aperture gear on lens is fine because that's all I know. I can edit later. I tried the D70 in Nexus F90 housing and found camera body where the shutter button is too deep.

Thanks Mary

Nitrographics

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

Hello,

None of the digital SLR's will allow you to change aperture using an aperture gear. You have to lock the lens at F22 or the camera gives you an error message.

The Nexus housings that have a large clear back panel are going to be your best bet. The F100 housing has a nice big one down the middle.

The smallest DSLR will probably be the D50 or a Canon Rebel XT.

James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 shchae

shchae

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:00 AM

Hi,
I tried to convert F100 Nexus housing to take D-200 & had only half success. It looks easy but....it was not. When you say you shoot 'manual' most of time, it makes to more difficult project as lens has to be perfectly in middle of port to use manual gears.

On my project, I made it on/off, shutter,front-dial (you can change to f-stop dial) + auto focusing working and did not go further as I got my D200 housing delivered.

Sam
D800/D4 in modified Nexus housing
and Nauticam D-7000 with Insect-eye lens.