• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ArloBess

ArloBess

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

:blink: Curious what people are using to accurately set the color. contrast, brightness ect.. on their PC monitors. I am shooting HDV via FX1 in a Gates housing and noticed that it displays slightly different than the native 16:9 HDV display on the Sony FX1.

#2 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

Ario,
Turn down the brightness on your native hdv cam display to 1/3rd and it will be much closer to acual. The highter the brightness, the more blue the image appears in your hdv display...but it actually does not record that way. also, your pc display will not be the same as you tv of course. dif gam an color curve.
shawn
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#3 ArloBess

ArloBess

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:28 AM

Thanks Shawn, I'll give that a try. Digital stills are much easier to control as most of the time you have control over the printing process or can easily sample the color on several computer LCD's...but when producing video (admittedly a new area for me) seems that the color variations are larger or more evident depending on which TV, which computer or which way the stars are aligned... :o

Has anyone tried one of those fancy color kits that they sell with the little color lenses you look thru to adjust the colors and the like? Do they make a difference or are they just a waste of $$. After spending the $$ on the Gates housing which I love by the way, and the FX1, sure would hate to see the post production editing get off track due to bad adjustments...

Now if I could just resolve those pesky user error issues.. :blink: