Photo
- - - - -

A question to Fuji-S2 users (multiple exposures)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesWood

JamesWood

Wolf Eel

• Scientific Photo Expert
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 02:53 PM

Greetings friends,

I知 having a ball learning how to use my new Fuji S2 topside before I jump into the blue with it. To do this I知 reading the owners manual cover to cover and testing out all functions. Until now the camera has preformed great. However, I am unable to take multiple exposure images and would like to know if I知 doing something wrong, if there is a problem with my camera, or if the problem is wide spread.

Instructions for this are on page 57-58 of the owner痴 manual. With the camera in multiple exposure mode I never see 適EEP above the (f2) button as shown in steps 3 and 4. I致e tried taking images and pushing f2 after each shot and I致e tried taking several images in a row.

The other release modes, continuous shooting function, the time delay function and single shot work as outlined in the manual. While trying to get multiple exposures to work, in addition to KEEP, I致e never been able to have images overlay as shown in step 4 or get the eye icon that is left of the word preview. I致e reset the camera to defaults and tried as many permutations of the instructions as I can think of. I am not changing the release mode between shots or only shooting one frame.

Have other S2 users been able to get this function to work? If so, how exactly?
Dr. James B. Wood
Associate Director of the Waikiki Aquarium
The Cephalopod Page

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:14 PM

Hi James(2),

I WAS able to get double exposures when I tried it - but that was back in July and I've slept since then.

I will double check it and see if the function is still working on my camera.

I have Firmware V1.0

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 JamesWood

JamesWood

Wolf Eel

• Scientific Photo Expert
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:05 PM

I sent the camera home with David, our computer guy who is also interested in (land) photography. He messed with it and pushed many buttons, etc. We aren't sure what he did and can't replicate it but we can take double exposure images nows as per the users manual. There must be some mode somewhere that disables this funcion.
Dr. James B. Wood
Associate Director of the Waikiki Aquarium
The Cephalopod Page